Help needed Esko imposition

Colorblind

Hi, I'm trying to build a simple workflow / ticket where a multipage PDF would get in and get out as an imposed flat PDF. My goal is to understand how to build that basic workflow (and expand it from that by adding Viewer, proofer, and 1 bit screening tasks) for educational purpose. We currently use Esko automation Pilot for 1 up flexo proof / viewer /plate production so I'm not totally new at it. While I read the supplied Esko documentation, I just can't figure out how to create a ticket or workflow for multipage offset. I currently have 4 tasks in my ticket: normalize PDF, make runlist from PDF, make imposition from runlist and export imposition as PDF. My imposition template is a JDF made from Preps (basic 2 pages work and turn imposition) and the path to imposition template and marks as well as where to export the final imposed PDF are well defined. The ticket actually produce a 0k PDF file. Here are some screen shots (my workflow is in French but I'm sure you can guess what is what). Anyway, any help or tip is welcome so thanks in advance guys!

Attachments

• photo6906.jpg
    photo6906.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 338
  • photo6907.jpg
    photo6907.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 304
  • photo6908.jpg
    photo6908.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 333
  • photo6909.jpg
    photo6909.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 299
  • photo6910.jpg
    photo6910.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 354
Marko, thanks for your reply. You mean I have to include a 2 pages PDF in my Preps template instead of just the page boxes?

I believe so. The content and colors don't matter, just have something in there when you save out the JDF from Preps. The AE ticket will replace the dummy pages when run through a workflow. Just make sure you point the task to where the new pages are.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back