PackEdge

sbforall

Anybody got anything to say about PackEdge? We've been running Nexus for years. And through the years, ArtPro's been our quick cure-all... seps, traps, technicals etc. But now we have Nexus 8.5 and we need something here... could PackEdge be the answer?

Re: PackEdge

We've been Esko users for years now, and it does the trick for us.
Not Packedge specifically, but we use BackStage Edit which is almost the same (just better! haha)

Edited by: DavidMa on Oct 23, 2007 11:04 AM

if you have been using Artpro then trying to use Packedge will be an experience, the GUI is seriouly in need of an update, it reminds me of pc paint.
Now Esko and Artwork systems are one, i wonder which editor will remain - Artpro has still been selling where as Packedge is in the decline. Possibe that both will go and they will concentrate on the plug-ins for illustrator, Who knows?

Edited by: Repro_is_still_alive on Oct 23, 2007 12:35 PM

David,

yes, the name change is effective as of EskoSuite 7.0, and yes there are some nice improvements and an interface GUI change as well. Much nicer. EskoSuite 7.0 itself has some great improvements overall.

i personally think packedge stomps all over artpro. more tools, more stable and best of all runs on windows.

i have herd that they will merge the two products. key technologies will be the same, but still artpro for mac and packedge for windows.

I really do hope that Artpro remains on Mac. If in the future Artpro and PackEdge migrate into 1 product, I pray it will run on Mac (and PC also). And this without losing any options I now have in Artpro (don't know PackEdge so can't compare).

And as far as I'm concerned: rather no plugins for illustrator but stand allone apps like Artpro/PackEdge

We have Backstage server with Deskpack (trapX BoostX tools in CS etc.), Packedge, and Artpro seats. All seem to have their place. Any good operator will find the more tools in their bag, the better. Personally, I feel I can create almost anything from Packedge regardless of how bad the original art is. Pretty bulletproof. Having the option of Illustrator running Esko plugins launching into a Backstage workflow with Packedge workstation editing is really powerful. Overall it all depends on the workflow you plan. Some shops swear by Artpro and Nexus.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back