how we can define registraion and die cut objects to avoid traping

Poul82

i'm usinf packedge 5.0 and my question is how we can define registraion and die cut objects to avoid traping i try to define it annotations dilaog but still traping this objects what the solve ?

Re: how we can define registraion and die cut objects to avoid traping

If you have the die objects as a separate ink (you can make an ink called "Die" in the Designer Book), you can set it to be Technical in the Ink menu. Technical inks can be ignored in the trapping.

As for registration, I've asked about having a way to define an object as "registration" so that it dynamically changes if inks are changed, and can have special properites (like getting ignored by the trapper), but have never got a very good answer.

what about using the smartmarks for objects in registration color. is it for plate marks?

Right, there is an option to make Smartmarks objects registration color.

You should be able to edit your trap rules so that it will ignore registration colors and not trap them (we use BackStage Edit and have ours set this way). I believe you can do this to any designer ink (like a Die color) as well.

I'm not sure but in backstage you go to the Trapping pull down and go to the Trap Tickets Local, and do your edits there.

good luck,
David

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back