Harlequin Precision Screening

C

cjwworld

Hello, has anyone use HPS or Harlequin Precision Screening?

Should I use it? Is it better?

Thanks

Chris

Re: Harlequin Precision Screening

>Hello, has anyone use HPS or Harlequin Precision Screening? Should I use it? Is it better?

We use it, and I highly recommend it. It optimizes separations at certain angles to reduce moiré. I turned it off once, just once, and had a down press.

Re: Harlequin Precision Screening

Hi Chris,

> Hello, has anyone use HPS or Harlequin Precision Screening?

I invented/designed/coded HPS when I was at Harlequin, so have to admit to being biased, but yes you should use it if you are doing more than 1 color work. If you are just printing b/w work then there is no for it. If you are doing 2 or more color work, then you will need to enable it to avoid moire (as the halftone dots in the multiple separations will interact with each other).

On our web site we have a White Paper on our Dot Gain Invention. Although that is nothing to do with this subject, at the start of the White Paper is a background section which goes into screening and moire in a simple explanatory way, with lots of easy to understand pictures and diagrams. You can find it (In English, French and German) at http://www.hamillroad.com/main/products/firstproofpro.htm.

Regards,

Andy.

Andy Cave,
Chief Executive Officer,
Hamillroad Software Limited.
www.firstproof.com
www.hamillroad.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back