How to ignore ICC profiles and rendering intents

dpig69

Hello, we have a Harlequin RIP version 9.0 which works very well for us except for one annoying thing I was hoping some Harlequin expert could help with. Occasionally we receive a PDF from a customer that has ICC profiles and rendering intents embedded. When these files go through the RIP, the color ends up flat and faded and some of the blacks change to 4-color black. The colors in the PDF are CMYK, and what I want is for the RIP to ignore ICC profiles and rendering intents so it passes the original CMYK numbers on to the output device. In the "Color Setup", I have the option "Override color management in job" checked, but it still converts these colors. To get around this I have to either get the customer to re-output the PDF without ICC profiles or strip them out using Pitstop, but I'm looking for a solution for the RIP so I don't have to worry about it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Maybe you are looking in the wrong place. Check the whole menu "Color" intended for such matters.
Also, try Color Pro setups and options.
Unfortunately, there is no single answer to your question as it depends on multiple factors.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back