death of the Harlequin

Slammer

Hi all, have not posted for a while, damn work always seems to get in the way.
Our company is installing one of our CTS devices at a customer I am sitting infront of my confuser trying to get the Rip to do it's stuff.
Anybody know how to get around "FILE ACCESS ERROR REPORTED BY WRITEFILE: 202, 1784" .
It does not happen every time, just enough to not trust the thing.
Apart from that the sun is shining, birds are a singing so enjoy your day.

Never saw anything like that, but 'file-access error' points to the computer platform configuration/OS. Posting more details would be useful e.g. Hq version/manufacturer, what output device, host computer...

I found it. Our device eats 1-bit tif-files but the image setter has a format of 4 x 9 meters and we get file sizes of 10 or 30 GB pro flat, as you probably know tif is limited to 2 GB at 32bit and 4GB at 64. the write file error is saying 202, 1784 byte is your lot buddy, the rest is up to you.
we are now working on a way to use the RAS format to get the proper file size.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back