Heidelberg QM46-1 Error 15-01

Hi,

We are having problems with a press we've just purchased, any help would be greatly appreciated.

SF 56 brings up error code: 15-01

All guards seem to be closed and the switch can be heard clicking once closed, no lights are illuminated on the SVK2 board.

I'm lost, as the press was working before the Lorry collected it in London.

I assume this cannot cause an issue but there is NO blanket washup device and NO water tray

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

YouTube Video

Andrew

Last edited:
I agree check the air pressure. Very bottom under the feeder to the floor use your allen wrench to half turn the two screws to remove the panel down my the grease zerks. There is an air guage and it must get to the upper level of the green to allow the press to work. If you hear air leaking follow it. Hose could have a hole or when shipped the bottom of the air guage has a air release that might have been left open.

I'll take a look this morning however I have watched the gauge going into the green area it seems to have to get up to pressure before I can attempt to switch on blowers.

I also think error 11-05 appears when not up to pressure but disappears when the gauge reaches the green area

I can confirm air is deffinetly getting up to pressure in the upper area of the green segment on the gauge.

If you have any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for all the replies, sorry my previous reply was incorrect although my gauge is getting into the green area the compressor is not switching off I assume its never reaching the correct pressure?

Also I can hear air leaking out of Y4 (non operator side).

Could this be the cause of this issue?

I've now removed the "Y4" device and blocked the hose outlet to prevent loss of pressure and there is now no leaks.

However the needle on the guage is sitting about 2mm below the green section where it is then letting any further air out through pinholes around the adjuster knob on the top of the compressed air control unit.

The Adjustment knob feels pretty tight I was scared of twisting any further incase damaging anything. Is alot of force required to adjust this?

Finally now when I switch the QM off there is no leaks and pressure is staying constant just slightly on the low side.

On the operator side there is a small cover that the pile height handle, air blow and vacuum and pile height adjustments are all located. There is an air valve or some sort of pressure switch. I have seen air leak there before. If that machine does not get up to pressure and the compressor does not shut off it will never run. On ours when the piston is activated on the second unit about 1 in 10 times I loose about half my air pressure. I am able to start the press but it will not drop the water forms and the entire plate inks up. That press has a lot of electronics and pneumatics that can be troublesome. You may have to bite the 300 dollar bullet and get a tech to look at it. You can try phone based support and the cost for that is around 150 per occurrence.

Thanks I'll take a look at where you mentioned and post any updates.

15-01 Is a MRK board (main dr mtr controll board) Does not not usually mean there is a major problem. Just close all other guards, check SF 56 and make sure there are no other errors. Try to crawl press! NO! hand crank press several turns and/or some times shut off and/or unplug press for 1 min and turn back on. ERROR 11-05 is pneumatic pump error. You would need a pressure gauge to test the system. If there is no 11-05 error, press is ok to run. The safety & the pump on/off switshes are diff. The white or grey box you see under feeder, OS, comming through frame by the gauge is the on/off switch. Just tap it (firmly with handle of 5mm T-handle wrench) if the gauge shows no more pressure building. Did pump stop? Poss dirty contacts on switch and performing this tapping a few times could clean them. If not the switch probably needs replaced. The rubber diaphram in the switch gets clogged up with white calicum looking paste over time. Never had any luck cleaning them.

Thanks for the reply error 11-05 disappears when the press approaches the correct pressure, once disappeared the light to start blowers / suction starts to flash and there is now no other errors in conjunction with 15-01.

I have been hand cranking the press to check cylinders / rollers etc.. and switching off at the isolator switch (not unplugging) and each time the service light remains on.

When you said Try to crawl press I am unable to inch / start press the lights on keys remain off, would this possibly point towards the MRK board?

I've checked all guards multiple times and there is no LEDs (H1,H2 & H3) illuminated on the SVK2 board which seems to light up when guards are open?

I really appreciated the time everyone has spent helping me I just want to check everything before ordering a MRK board.

I'm going out to try everything described in the previous posts now.
Thanks

15-01 Is a MRK board (main dr mtr controll board) Does not not usually mean there is a major problem. Just close all other guards, check SF 56 and make sure there are no other errors. Try to crawl press! NO! hand crank press several turns and/or some times shut off and/or unplug press for 1 min and turn back on. ERROR 11-05 is pneumatic pump error. You would need a pressure gauge to test the system. If there is no 11-05 error, press is ok to run. The safety & the pump on/off switshes are diff. The white or grey box you see under feeder, OS, comming through frame by the gauge is the on/off switch. Just tap it (firmly with handle of 5mm T-handle wrench) if the gauge shows no more pressure building. Did pump stop? Poss dirty contacts on switch and performing this tapping a few times could clean them. If not the switch probably needs replaced. The rubber diaphram in the switch gets clogged up with white calicum looking paste over time. Never had any luck cleaning them.

Just back from the press and reporting back.

The error 11-05 I don't believe to be an issue as it disappears at pressure, however the other error 15-01 I have double checked the manaul and can confirm it is apparently a MRK error.

SF56 only repors 15-01 and no other problems, all guards are closed correctly. Inching etc.. isn't possible lights don't flash and buttons don't respond

If this helps I found if I start the press immediatly start to hand crank the press no error will come up for aslong as I crank the machine until I stop then after 10 - 15 seconds the service light appears and SF56 reporst error 15-01

Last edited:
Give me a quick call, I am going out of town today but I am sure I can help you before I leave.
Stan IPS,llc. 720-285-9485

Sorry Stan I somehow missed your last post. To update the thread an engineer just sent me a new MRK board which made no difference.

I am aware of 3 problems. (Possibly not all related)

- Main motor will not switch on "Inching" or "production" (LED on button does not flash)
- Pump for blast air will not switch on. (LED flashes and Stays on when pushed)
- LCD isn't displaying 100% some of the lines are missing.

Any other suggestions would be grealty appreciated.

Thanks again for everyones help
Andrew

Hi dave thanks for the reply

I have all posts in the thread you sent.

(although this is a QM46-1 not the QM46-4 and doesnt have walkway etc.... cable to motor is different)

I believe the encoder is connected coorectly as I can see the current press angle.

Thanks for the information and I'll take another look tomorrow.

Andrew

I had the 15-01 after the press was move from another location.,I check guards fuses etc. The encoder cable was loose cleaned and tighten it still have the 1501 error.any help will be appreciated.thank you

Good day Sir
Hi, hope you are well.
Please let me know , what is the exactly problem with the Heidelberg DI?
i AM new, need only know the problem, for Help you, and guide.
Blessing
[email protected]

Dear Sir:
I did check, you must test the Power supply for the MRK.
the number 1501 is can be defective MRK, SVK3, or TTK .
SEE the attachement measure 37VCA with DMM, and after +48Vdcfrom GRM24(2) FOR the board TTK.
Test the filter 15Z1+15Z3 .
tHIS TEST is for determine if the Voltage for MRK is o.k
Since you can have erroneours signal from SVK3 A mrk(Board for main motor)
or TTK defective from BLT
lET ME Know how is this step voltage are in the range or out.
I can guide you.
Blessing
[email protected]

Attachments

• photo6694.png
    photo6694.png
    467.6 KB · Views: 712

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back