Chiller Unit for GTO 52-2 color

shreyanshd70

Hi,

I have a GTO 52, 2 color machine with no chiller plants currently installed.

I am interested in installing this chiller unit for keeping the rollers cool.

Could you recommend me companies for installation of this plant?

Additionally, I have two machines of the same configuration and we are looking to use a common chiller unit to save on cost. However whilst I was discussing with someone, I was told that there's a risk to not achieving of good quality, as the paper on both the machines would have a different 'ph' level. I am not sure if I entirely understand it but I wanted to know how true this holds?

Firstly I would question why the pH of the paper would have any influence on a closed loop inking roller cooling system? Answer is it does not. My guess is someone is mixing up a fountain solution chiller/doser with roller cooling chiller.
To install a roller cooling chiller your driven osscilators must be able to take the connections to enable cooling. If these were not put in when the press was made you have some considerable expense ahead of you. A roller chiller will more than be able to handle 2 two colour presses. Technotrans and Tresu are a couple of people who make them and of course Heidelberg will be more than happy to hook you up.

Would lowering the fountain reservoir temperature be worth a try without having much impact on the total printing synergy?

I would ask first what is your fountain reservoir('s) temperatures as well as water pans, roller train, plate and blanket whilst running?

Have used this technique in the past with fair to good results, but each press and press room are different.

D Ink Man

It would be a valuable service if you would document your ROI if you indeed make this purchase and reveal it here. These units are expensive and I am curious about exactly what benefits you expect to get and how you would value them.

A chilled roller system can be installed on this press and it would help tremendously on the consistency of the printed work.
I would suggest that you contact Steve Barberi @ Absolute Graphic Technology Absolute Graphic Technologies USA

Eric Friedman
No. American Sales Manager
Toray International America, Inc.
843 693 7949

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back