Heid DI feeding issue

camasprinter

We are having an issue with the press, it feeds 3 sheets then just shuts down.

We have the x6 7 x7 connectors and have checked and changed those, no luck.

The feeder symbol is always blinking which is unusual

I won't let us set sheet length monitor or dbl sht detector. If we try to set dbl sht detector it just feeds sheets slowly instead of stopping at one so it could be set.

Happened out of the blue, one side of a 3500 sheetwise run done and flip it and this,
We're baffled

I'm sure this must be a sensor issue, The 3 sheets fed should have reached a certain point in the press by the time it picks up the first. If the sensor doesn't 'believe' the sheets arrived on time it will stop the press as ait believes there has been a jam.
What was printed on the first side? could the sensor be picking up something that it can't read, like a black section for example, or is there curl on the sheet that makes the sheet appear shorter to the sensor?
Try some virgin sheets through the machine.

Last edited:
Have you checked the dropped sheet sensor at the perfector? It needs to be cleaned occasionally, and the stoppage after three sheets sounds about right for the timing.....

In case you're still trying to solve this problem....

I agree with Stu that it might be something on the back side of the sheet that is being read by the sensor. Any tests should be done with blank paper.

If it's not that then check your "buckle" adjustment or maybe just pull out the plate at the in-feed and thoroughly clean the sensor. Use canned air and some alcohol on a Q-Tip.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back