4 color sm-52

How do I determine if I have the Alcolor type water system? How do u set for integrated and segregated, is it 2 diff settings? I have the CPc tronic 1 console. Thanks

Most Heidelberg presses similar to your press age are equipped with Alcolor Dampening system. You can search google for an image of the dampening system. Other systems if installed are indicated with their name on the system.
You can post a picture here of your dampening system and I'll tell you which one it is.
Integrated or Segregated refer to the intermediate Z roller engaged or disengaged from inking and dampening rollers. You can call it bridge roller too because it connects inking and dampening unit rollers. This is only available in Alcolor type dampening system.
Running integrated or segregated depends on what type of job you are printing. For heavy or medium coverage inks, its better to run integrated.
For lower coverage inks or Metallic inks (Silver or Gold) it is better to run segregated as it will lower the chances of over emulsification of ink.

Hope this helps.

Is there 2 different type of settings for bridge roller? What are they?I find myself running everything segregated light on. If I run integrated I have to run water settings higher

Are you looking for a roller setting regarding ink stripes? Or do you wanted to run integrated or not integrated? You only have one choice, either integrated on or or off. Does the press have Vario. What year is the press. Please provide more information.

I've seen all variations of roller stripes so looking for the correct on a sm-52 4 color, no vario.
199 model. Would like to know is it best to run integrated or not? Currently running segregated because I have to run more water in integrated. Is the setting different for integrated or non

Start with these settings for all inking rollers and dampening system. Whether or not you run integrated or non integrated the settings are the same. Check night latch position also. If you require help with this let me know. See attached Roller Diagrams from Heidelbergs Profi tips. Us the SM52 settings in the diagram. As Aquazi stated, running integrated works better for heavier coverage and should not be used for metallics or line work printing. View attachment 3_Profi_Tipp_Rollers_in_Inking (3).pdf

Thanks for the info. A few questions.. does for example on the forms it says 3+.05. Does that mean 3 or 3 and a half.
On the night latch with the air blead off , with a feeler gauge should I be getting a slight drag all the way across? Thanks

So I should be running integrated for everything except metallics correct? To double check hat is with light on? Also with the cpc tronic 1console,
should I be running the keys higher with sweeps lower?

So I should be running integrated for everything except metallics correct? To double check hat is with light on? Also with the cpc tronic 1console,

Its been 15 years or more since I use to run a GTO 52 but I always found it better to set ink keys to the lighter side and run my sweep to the mid to high side. Then when you needed to make a slight color adjustment it would show up on your press sheet quicker. Also I would run non integrated on jobs with very light coverage too.

Thanks for the info. A few questions.. does for example on the forms it says 3+.05. Does that mean 3 or 3 and a half.
On the night latch with the air blead off , with a feeler gauge should I be getting a slight drag all the way across? Thanks

The drag should be even on both sides and tighter in the middle. The pan roller has a crown so if you go across with a feeler gauge it will be slightly tighter in the middle of the roller.

As wyagow said, set ink keys on lower side and control the ink flow with roller sweep. This way if you do any small adjustment in ink zone or ink sweep, you see the change quicker.
When you get used to this method, you'll observe that, on moderate coverage jobs your ink sweep will remain in mid range. Let's say you have ink sweep range between 0-100, If you set your ink keys on lighter side on a moderate coverage job, your ink sweep will be in between 40-60 range.
I hope this helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back