Signa Station - how to output imposition layout?

yorgil

Hello,

We use Signa Station 2012 and it works fine. But I have problem with one small (I hope) thing. How to create imposition layout with visible symbols (page/documents numbers)? Our client wants to send us his job in parts and he wants to know which pages he should send as as one part. Is it possible to generate for him imposition layout from Signa without assigning any pages to our job? I seek in templates, plate template, output options and anywhere i cant find how to output 'Symbols'. Is it posiible? Or have i to make fake pages with numbers and assign them to my job? I hope it isn a must...

Regards
Przemek Szatkowski

You could just add a text mark with variables on page level (ctrl+5). If you add $[Sheetregionno] and say copy "to all pages" you have pagenumber on every page. You have a lot of variables you can use.

You don't need to leave Signa or even assign anything, just right click on layout and choose print all, than save PDF file of your layouts the way they look, all with numbers, etc.. I hope this helps

Thank you for your help.
I tested few of variables in Signa. $[Sheetregionno] is for entire folding sheet and i tried some others. I finally used $[PagePositionName]. Placeholder for it can be put on single page and then duplicated on any other. And it works fine.

zoran - I tried do as you mensioned, but there is problem with 'Symbols' layer in SignaStation. It doesnt print in PDF. Or maybe I dont know how to force Signa to print this data.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back