QM-46 ink form roller journals have slop

wiscowis

I just pulled out all of my rollers to do a deep clean in press and to hand clean the rollers. As I was putting in the ink forms and checking stripes I noticed that there is slop in the journal holders, not side to side but the brackets have been worn down and flattened ever so slightly. Now there is play in them, is there anything I can do to tighten them up or is that something that has to be replaced, and why did they wear in the first place? The rollers are on their last leg so I need to replace them soon and I would like to get this figured out first before I replace the rollers. Thanks

Also I noticed the bearing holder brackets are worn too, does anyone know why those wear out as well?

Last edited:
Maybe a bearing seized up sometime and wore out the journals. Probably better to replace the journals or you will have the same problem only with new rollers in the machine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back