What are other shops using for general lighting?

Keith

I apologize if this is the wrong section to post this question but I am wondering what other shops are using to light their shop. I recently moved and one of the fixtures need to be replace and I want to replace it with LED. I have been searching this forum and found a little info which lead me to ISO 3664:2009 standard. So now I understand a little bit about D50 and UV output requirements but when I looked up pricing for an ISO compliant "overhead luminaire", I about fell out of my chair. Besides, I am not printing any fine art reproductions or ad agency work so something that is not ISO compliant is probably what I am looking for. Which is why I am asking what other shops are running. I'm a small two-man shop that does a lot of quick turn custom jobs for local businesses and charity organizations. So what's good enough for most other print shops is probably more than enough for me. What my research has turned up, I think, is that I should be looking for something in the range of 90+ CRI and 5000K for temperature? But it appears D50 and UV output are more important but I don't seem to see that information when looking at light bulbs.

Al, you're right. This thread was posted 2X within minutes of each other. Here's the other one that you responded to.

Al, you're right. This thread was posted 2X within minutes of each other. Here's the other one that you responded to.

I'm sorry about that. When I clicked the post button, I got an error message. I always copy my posts to the clipboard in case of situations like that so I pasted it and tried again. Got the same error message. Can't remember what I did to get it to post but when I looked at the home page I saw that I had duplicated the post. Thought about asking for the duplicate to be removed but than I got distracted. Again, I apologize.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back