Heidelberg sm74 freezing???

Paperboy

Hi all I run a sm74 and randomly it freezes ether on crawl , wash cycle, running a job - we have to turn off press and reboot it sometimes it works sometimes we have to do this again and again it’s been narrowed down to a board in the cabinet but there not sure which one ,which is gonna do us a lot of money have you got any other suggestions before we open up Pandora’s box

Hello Paperboy,

Unfortunately, the NHS does not treat a Heidelberg with a "Freezing Cold" - or do you mean the Press stops suddenly!!!

Good God Man, there are plenty of qualified Press Engineers/Electrical available in London, spend some money and get the Press printing,

then you can start making Money!

Regards, Alois

The press stops suddenly - I just wanted help as we’re look at over £10,000 it might be small change to you but it’s not to us

Hi Sir:
Good day
I am recommending do this steps please:
1) Please check: IWM Earth-leakege monitor module.the working condition is Green LED., if the Red LED is lit: the insulation an insulation fault has occurred.
2) is everything is ok, test the power supply +5Vdc +24vdc +48Vdc+120Vdc section Rectifier Module, all there in tolerance 5% up or down
example if you are Measuring +5VDC with DMM and measure 5.3 Vdc the power supply is faulty, you must repair and replace. Since the Cpu or Microprocessor is controlled by +5Vdc , and is higher or lower, the problem can be evident like freezing.
3) see if the brake of the main motor D.C is clean ? and if get it +48Vdc , see it for mechanical to due , dusty, corroded lack of Lube,etc.
4) Let me know what kind of cptronic do you have and Type of motor AC or Dc or Dc bruhsless?
Blessing.
[email protected]
Mobile+WhatsApp:+505 8861 1441

Thank you for this information I will check this out with the chaps I work with - we have a guy coming in on Monday I will show him this

Hello Paperboy,

Lets us be clear, you have been quoted £10,000 -- to rectify this electrical problem?

Was this Diagnostic Test done by a Qualified Heidelberg Technician ???

Regards, Alois

Hello Paperboy,

Hopefully you are going to shop around ! lots of free lance Ex- Heidelberg Technicians in London or M.A.N also KBA,

ARE you sure that all the Press Maintenance as been done correct -Main Motor Drive etc. ????

Regards, Alois

Last edited:
We know a few different guys that do that kind of work but are unable to test fit new boards unless we buy first but then there is no warranty so looks like we have to 1st get new brake 2 new encoder 3 new test fit board with Heidelberg it’s big cash but if they get it wrong it’s on them

Ok update problem solved you have to replace brake and encoder at the same which we didn’t know as we’ve replaced the encoder before a few years back .

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back