Daily backing up Prinergy

PeterA

We back up the Oracle database - as per Kodaks procedures . But this doesnt back up the data . I need a solution either to mirror the system or back up overnight Does anyone have any ideas

Peter
WE archive completed jobs to tape - but cannot archive jobs in progress it would be a nightmare

Re: Daily backing up Prinergy

Hey Peter,

Are you looking for a network solution or offsite? How much data is there?

Andrew

Hello Andrew
What I am hoping is the Kodak have a solution otherwise we may have to resort to a windows solution. We have about 500 gig - what I am looking for is a solution that will allow me to take it off site each nite

Peter

Whats the weather like in Newbury????

Hey Peter,

I should have put two and two together and recognised that there would not be two Peter Arnels in this world :) - Windy today by the way.

We, like you, had the same issue with Apogee and in the end just got a Sony ATI system. I also have a raided Buffalo Tera station for internal use and quicker restore should a drive fail.

http://www.buffalotech.com/products/network-storage/terastation/terastation-pro-ii/

Hope that helps!

Andrew

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back