no LDT inten. change.

Ruffy

When i open my Dolev 800V an error in the status box appears. No LDT inten. change. I tried to exposed some jobs but a new error appears in the status box "course calib. fault" and the film will just unload without imaging to it. I tried to lower the intensity of the laser and it works. But everyday the error course calib. fault appears again and it will not image the film again unless I lower the intensity again... Please help guys!

When i open my Dolev 800V an error in the status box appears. No LDT inten. change. I tried to exposed some jobs but a new error appears in the status box "course calib. fault" and the film will just unload without imaging to it. I tried to lower the intensity of the laser and it works. But everyday the error course calib. fault appears again and it will not image the film again unless I lower the intensity again... Please help guys!

Ruffy,

TRy these:

Check Fiber Optic connections and Fiber Tip.
Clean Fiber Tip if necessary.
Replace Static Optic assy.
Check OMC board maybe it will need replacing.

Good luck.

I want to try to clean the fiber tip before i resolve on buying a new OMC Board. But the problem is I am not familiar with those part. Can anyone send a picture of fiber tip???

PACH: thanks for the advise...

As of now my dolev 800v is running but with no LDT inten. change error... though its imaging... I hope someone can send the pictures.. Thanks and GODSPEED!!!

I want to try to clean the fiber tip before i resolve on buying a new OMC Board. But the problem is I am not familiar with those part. Can anyone send a picture of fiber tip???

PACH: thanks for the advise...

As of now my dolev 800v is running but with no LDT inten. change error... though its imaging... I hope someone can send the pictures.. Thanks and GODSPEED!!!

Ruffy,
Here is some info that might help you.:

The optical fiber transfers the laser beam from the laser to the dynamic optics, and from there to the film surface.

The fiber is sectioned into two parts. One part belongs to the static optic and the other is connected to the dynamic optic. Each end is fixed with a ceramic connector. The optical connector adaptor unit mates the two connectors.

The optical fiber connection is located on the left side of the imagesetter. To reach the assembly, open the left service door. Remove the protective cover from the lower compartment of the Dolev 800.

The connector is sensitive to scratches. Handle with care.
Remove Connector

Turn the connector a half turn and pull it out, or unscrew the connector (depending on the type of connector)

CLEANING
Fold a piece of rice paper, taking care not to touch the cleaning area.

Soak the folded paper with alcohol (be careful, acetone is forbidden).

Gently wipe the connectors of dirt and the remains of the optical coupling gel.
Remove Fiber from Adaptor

Turn the connector a half turn and take the fiber out of the adaptor.

Assembling the Optic Fibe

Fasten the two connectors back into place.

Well as of now its still confusing. Maybe later i can figure it out. If in case it does not work....Pack, do you have any idea how much is the laser or the part/s that I need to change?

Well as of now its still confusing. Maybe later i can figure it out. If in case it does not work....Pack, do you have any idea how much is the laser or the part/s that I need to change?

Sorry, Ruffy but I can not help you with prices. Start another thread asking for Dolev800 parts prices.
Good luck.

something is not right.

something is not right.

pach: i tried my laser and omc board to my
friend's dolev 800v. No ldt inten change error.
The laser works fine even even the omc board. What else can i do. What else might be wrong.
Though after my friend tried my omc board he
said there is some sound with the carriage that
is new to him and never happen using his omc board.
Ruffy,
Here is some info that might help you.:

The optical fiber transfers the laser beam from the laser to the dynamic optics, and from there to the film surface.

The fiber is sectioned into two parts. One part belongs to the static optic and the other is connected to the dynamic optic. Each end is fixed with a ceramic connector. The optical connector adaptor unit mates the two connectors.

The optical fiber connection is located on the left side of the imagesetter. To reach the assembly, open the left service door. Remove the protective cover from the lower compartment of the Dolev 800.

The connector is sensitive to scratches. Handle with care.
Remove Connector

Turn the connector a half turn and pull it out, or unscrew the connector (depending on the type of connector)

CLEANING
Fold a piece of rice paper, taking care not to touch the cleaning area.

Soak the folded paper with alcohol (be careful, acetone is forbidden).

Gently wipe the connectors of dirt and the remains of the optical coupling gel.
Remove Fiber from Adaptor

Turn the connector a half turn and take the fiber out of the adaptor.

Assembling the Optic Fibe

Fasten the two connectors back into place.

pach: i tried my laser and omc board to my
friend's dolev 800v. No ldt inten change error.
The laser works fine even even the omc board. What else can i do. What else might be wrong.
Though after my friend tried my omc board he
said there is some sound with the carriage that
is new to him and never happen using his omc board.

Did you try and run the carriage with the doors open to see where the noise in your Dolev comes from?
Also try and replace the shutter. Maybe tis will help. I hope that yuo do not have a broken fibre inside the dynamic cable. Maybe you can disconnect the fibre cable in different places and see if you see the beam when you shine it onto a piece of paper. DO NOT LOOK INTO IT. You can do this where it enters the chassis at the Static optic end of the Dolev and at the Dynamic optics end.

Pach: The light of the laser is good. A service manager already check the dolev. There is nothing wrong with the fast ldr board also. He said that the "power board" in the CPU of the dolev might be the problem. He will test it with my friend though its looks like that is not also the problem. It's almost 1 week that our dolev is not working. Also, he said there is nothing wrong with the shutter or the carriage. Something is wrong....but we cannot locate it. I hope you can give another advise that we can try. Thanks in advance...
Did you try and run the carriage with the doors open to see where the noise in your Dolev comes from?
Also try and replace the shutter. Maybe tis will help. I hope that yuo do not have a broken fibre inside the dynamic cable. Maybe you can disconnect the fibre cable in different places and see if you see the beam when you shine it onto a piece of paper. DO NOT LOOK INTO IT. You can do this where it enters the chassis at the Static optic end of the Dolev and at the Dynamic optics end.

The LDR INT board is inside the electronics crate.

I tested the laser, omc board, ldr board, power board and the shutter to my friends dolev but all is good. No "no ldt int. change" error, no "course calib fault. What else can we check?

I tested the laser, omc board, ldr board, power board and the shutter to my friends dolev but all is good. No "no ldt int. change" error, no "course calib fault. What else can we check?

Did you take the Shutter out from your Dolev and installed it in another one? I am asking this as the Shutter comprises of a mirror ( that has to be clean) and a Solar cell.
Try and run Diagnostics and also check the Shutter callibration value.

Did you take the Shutter out from your Dolev and installed it in another one? I am asking this as the Shutter comprises of a mirror ( that has to be clean) and a Solar cell.
Try and run Diagnostics and also check the Shutter callibration value.

We installed the shutter to another dolev. We did not check the calibration of the shutter using Diagnostic. But the thing is no error found when we install it to another dolev. The mirror of the shutter was also cleaned. What is the Solar cell? Though the last thing that the engineer will do is to clean the mirror that is beside the spinner. They need to remove the spinner first before they can clean it they said. Well as of now it's only a possibility that it will help. We need some options if cleaning that mirror will not help.

We installed the shutter to another dolev. We did not check the calibration of the shutter using Diagnostic. But the thing is no error found when we install it to another dolev. The mirror of the shutter was also cleaned. What is the Solar cell? Though the last thing that the engineer will do is to clean the mirror that is beside the spinner. They need to remove the spinner first before they can clean it they said. Well as of now it's only a possibility that it will help. We need some options if cleaning that mirror will not help.

You do not have to remove the spinner to clean the Penta prism. If you remove the spinner you will need to recalibrate it, which is a fairly big job.

Hi Ruffy,

We faced same problem with you before. After many checking and replacement, at the end, the spinner died. This is really bad if your machine is same problem with my one.
Good luck.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back