RIP for CREO LOTHEM 400

AndyCC

Hello,

We having Cero Lothem 400, with big problem getting spare parts for Power PC on which is running RIP Brisque. As there is no chance of upgrading Brisqu (you all probably know the story), we would like to change platform to PC Windows based RIP.

We got some offers, but non providers are giving us exact answers.
- Kodak Prinergy is just too much for our needs and too expensive
- Harlequin RIP - we got guaranty from software developer (although that their sales representative in our country said that it is not possible - it seems that no-one knows for sure) that it works with CREO LOTEM 400, but:
a) we need to buy new communication card - extra cost. My question is it possible to use TSP communication card (Power PC - PCI slot) in Windows with Harlequin RIP or do we really need to buy new communication card?
b) CREO service said, that we need to buy additional licence if we want to use TIFF RIP form another provider of RIP - additional cost. Is it true, that someone can charge us an licence for the device which they don't offer spare parts (or at least for a reasonable price and guaranty) and don't offer software upgrade.
c) is it possible to run another RIP without Brisque as a interface (sending PDF integrated with TIFF file, or straight to CTP)?
d) is there any workaround which could give good result for a reasonable price? Pleas don't say buy new CTP.

I would really like to get second opinion about our problem, or better said, what is true and what is not.

Thank you for your answer.

Hello,

We having Cero Lothem 400, with big problem getting spare parts for Power PC on which is running RIP Brisque. As there is no chance of upgrading Brisqu (you all probably know the story), we would like to change platform to PC Windows based RIP.

- Harlequin RIP - we got guaranty from software developer (although that their sales representative in our country said that it is not possible - it seems that no-one knows for sure) that it works with CREO LOTEM 400, but:
a) we need to buy new communication card - extra cost. My question is it possible to use TSP communication card (Power PC - PCI slot) in Windows with Harlequin RIP or do we really need to buy new communication card?
b) CREO service said, that we need to buy additional licence if we want to use TIFF RIP form another provider of RIP - additional cost. Is it true, that someone can charge us an licence for the device which they don't offer spare parts (or at least for a reasonable price and guaranty) and don't offer software upgrade. You need buying license to open TIFF function
c) is it possible to run another RIP without Brisque as a interface (sending PDF integrated with TIFF file, or straight to CTP)? Yes you can find second hand interface board plus one PC and use HQ RIP v8.1. It's good option and reasonable price.
d) is there any workaround which could give good result for a reasonable price? Pleas don't say buy new CTP.

I would really like to get second opinion about our problem, or better said, what is true and what is not.

Good luck.

Talk to David Lewis at Lucid Dream Software or call Alvaro Rodriguez or Michael Jahn at Compose Systems. They can take care of you. It's going to cost a little extra with the Creo device but it certainly can be done.

HI

HI

Hi, if you still need help with your problem, i can help you, my personal mail is [email protected], and i speak spanish ...

Hello,

b) CREO service said, that we need to buy additional licence if we want to use TIFF RIP form another provider of RIP - additional cost. Is it true, that someone can charge us an licence for the device which they don't offer spare parts (or at least for a reasonable price and guaranty) and don't offer software upgrade.
c) is it possible to run another RIP without Brisque as a interface (sending PDF integrated with TIFF file, or straight to CTP)?

lotem RIP Problem

lotem RIP Problem

Did you reselve your problem?

I have a similar situation and I have no idea where to look for.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Plate Expose on the Brisque will accept 1-Bit Tiff, the only slight complication is making sure the files arrive with the correct permissions when you set up the NFS client on the PC Rip.

Hi,
One solution is to buy Prinergy/Prinergy Evo with Kodak Xpo. They are Windows based. You need to put the TSP board in the computer. Next thing is to buy third party rip and Kodak Xpo with third party 1 bit Tiff option. It works!
Luck!

Good luck.

hello
From a my customer I have resolved installing a RIP Navigator, in order to generate the tiff 1 bit and then I have installed XPO with license options 3rd party tiff.
Installed on PC with os windows 2003 server.
It is continued to use card Pci installed in the PC with the brisque

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back