Brisque replacement

Mark

Since this is a new forum I thought I'd come in with the question of "what to replace A Scitex/Creo/CreoScitex/Kodak Brisque with?"
I'm not convinced a PDF workflow is the best choice. I need a system that will be able to access and use all of our archived Brisque CT/LW jobs. I also want control over trapping and late editing capabilities. And it has to interface with our Loter Quantum CTP and Kodak matchprint Inkjet 9800. Also if I could access it remotely from home that would be great.
Thanks

Re: Brisque replacement

mark,

we went from brisque to prinergy, and it was smooth. you can refine your old ctlws right into prinergy with no trouble. as far as trapping and late-editing, ive worked on several major workflows (rampage, brisque and now prinergy), and this is in my opinion the easiest workflow in both of those areas. the trapping functions in prinergy are as simple or as wildly complicated as you wish to take them, and late correction capabilities are a snap. couple all this with insite, and you have a pretty robust setup. downside? $$$$$$$$ kodak does nickel and dime you to death.

cr

btw...we also use the quantum and the 9800, so it sounds like our setups are similar.

cr

I replaced Brisque after using it for 12 years with Rampage and I love it. We learned Rampage in one week. Great interface, speed and right price!

rampage is a fantastic workflow...i used it for 8 years and loved it. the customer support is phenomenal. you get a human being immediatetly every time, and the stick with you if you have an issue. i have no issues with rampage...

now, i stopped using it prior to using JVX, so maybe it has changed, but one aspect of prinergy i prefer is that it is a true PDF workflow, not RSI data with a pdf wrapper. the whole RSI data was a bit of a drag. we used ROOM mostly, but tinkered with the NORM workflow, and that didnt do much for me either. i loved the trapping. very easy to use. rampage remote was ok, but i never liked having to tell a customer they had to install something on thier workstation, even though it was a small client application. just mentioning that to many customers was a turnoff. the browser-based java interface of InSite inmy opinion wins that battle hands-down.

one other thing i prefer with prinergy is the rules-based automation, and how simple it is to set up hot folders and automate jobs. again, i know this is possible with rampage, but the sheer ease of it all with prinergy is pretty remarkable.

anyway, for what it is worth, either workflow, used to its fullest capabilities, you cant go wrong.

cr

Rampage re-did the whole PDF workflow and it is decent now. Too bad you didn't use JVX. It's much better especially with PDF. It's not the fastest if you work with PDFs but at least the new PDF trap engine doesn't flatten PDFs and cuts them in millions of "atomic objects" anymore. Transparent object stays as one object now.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back