Preps Floating License?

PG_Tom

I'm currently running Preps v5.3 on my Mac with a dongle. Iam suppose to have a Preps floating license. How do I find out if I do? We are using Kodak Prinergy Evo workflow system.

You should be able to go under the "Configure Imposition Applications" drop down menu under "Tools" in Prinergy. You should have an option for Preps Floating License. Is this your configured setting?

I'm using Prinergy EVO ver 4.1.5.6.

I looked under Prinergy Evo Administrator under Tools and Do not see "Configure Imposition Applications" Nor do I see it in the Prinergy Evo application on my mac.

gatekeeper

gatekeeper

contact your local Kodak tech to configure your preps to floating. they will advise you that you need
a liscence and charge you big bucks to keep them afloat! OH yes, Evo does not have workshop

contact your local Kodak tech to configure your preps to floating. they will advise you that you need
a liscence and charge you big bucks to keep them afloat! OH yes, Evo does not have workshop

From reading my old companies old Invoices, we should have Floating Prep Licenses. Just wondering how can I tell if its working?
I mean apparently not on my workstation since I have a dongle!
But would like to have it work on our new Mac addition to our prep department.

From reading my old companies old Invoices, we should have Floating Prep Licenses. Just wondering how can I tell if its working?
I mean apparently not on my workstation since I have a dongle!
But would like to have it work on our new Mac addition to our prep department.

Hi PG_Tom,

This might be relevent (it's for a newer version): https://resources.kodak.com/service...t/docs/6-x/CEDIR_23771/InstallingPreps_EN.pdf

Preps 6 is a chargeable product for new and existing Preps customers. To activate the software, you must purchase a Preps 6 license key (a password) that must be validated either by a supported Preps dongle that is installed on the same computer or by a floating license that is issued by a Kodak Prinergy® workflow server.
Note: If you do not have a valid license, you can use the software in demo mode only.
● Dongle-based licenses: The USB iKey dongle for use with the Preps software can be used on either the Microsoft Windows operating system or the Mac OS operating system.
● Floating licenses: Preps floating licenses that are used in a Kodak workflow system are managed centrally over the network by their workflow server. The Preps capabilities and features that can be activated depend on what is licensed. For details, see your workflow documentation.

Greg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back