Magnus 800 - Exposure error

mabuc

Hi guys.
We have a annoying problem with our platesetter and the lack of service (we are in some kind of juridic fight with the unique service in our area) make me appeal at your help.

We have a KODAK Magnus 800 Quantum that gives increasingly often this error:

The exposure failed. Rcon error: Error Code [01359] Commanded lens position exceeds travel limit (Error Code = 44300, Error Category = 07 - Fatal, device cannot recover) Click Unload to automatically unload the plate from the drum. Resubmit the separation from the workflow workstation.

Can you advice me on this one? We don't have the service dongle, so i cannot change or see anything of inside settings.

thanks in advance.
MB

MB.
The problem with your M800 could be one of the following:

NO. 1 The head is positioned incorrectly, causing the focus actuator to operate near its travel limit.
For this you will need a technician with the dongle to reinstal the THead. i.e. to zero it on a 0.3 plate

NO. 2 The media is loaded incorrectly, such that the resulting 'bump' causes the focus actuator to hit its travel limit.
For this make sure that the plate is loaded corectly. It is smooth on the drum and tha Drum vacuum is working. This problem could also be due to bad dents in the plate that the auto focus can not cope with.

NO. 3 The image size and/or position parameters are set incorrectly, causing the head to attempt to focus off of the media.
Make sure that the image size is correct.

thank you for your fast reply.
no. 3 is not the case.
no. 1 I miss the technician but momentarily I can't reach him :d
no. 2 I observed that suction of the Drum vacuum is present only on a few holes. could it be that? You know a way to clean the vacuum system just to be sure that is not the cause?

thank you again.

To clean the vacuum holes you should have had a small tool for this that looked like a small drill bit with a handle. Otherwise try and use a paper clip opened up and push it through the holes. The best way to do this is with the vacuum motor on but I am not sure if you can turn it without the dongle.
If you are using ablative plates and your DRU is not working properly, then the vacuum holes get cloged up.

I saw that small drill in cleaning manual (which I don't have), but the picture is pretty small and I couldn't tell if it's used a brush or a metal drill bit in the tip. I was afraid to improvise something.
I'll do some drilling now. So, just to check the result of my work, you know if the suction must be present at all holes? Because if it's must be and is not, after cleaning, I must check the vacuum pump, I think (which I don't know where it is, for now...).

thanks

I saw that small drill in cleaning manual (which I don't have), but the picture is pretty small and I couldn't tell if it's used a brush or a metal drill bit in the tip. I was afraid to improvise something.
I'll do some drilling now. So, just to check the result of my work, you know if the suction must be present at all holes? Because if it's must be and is not, after cleaning, I must check the vacuum pump, I think (which I don't know where it is, for now...).

thanks

What is the max plate size that you are using as all the vacuum holes covered by the plate should be active when the pump is on. The small drill bit is a metal one . The pump is at the back of the Magnus.. You need to take the raer cover off to see it but I do not see this beeing your problem. The pumps last a very long time. My bet would be withouth seeing the problem is the THead calibration.

Hi to you.
We have a annoying problem with our platesetter, we have a KODAK MAGNUS 800 that gives increasingly often this error:

The exposure failed. Rcon error: Error Code [01313] Focus error: Media out of range (Error code : 44300, Error categorie =07-fatal error, device cannot recover) Click Unload to automatically unload the plate from the drum. Restart the workstation selection.

All your suggestions on the cause of the problem will be become. Thank you in advance.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back