Preps smartmarks

meesh

By chance is anybody else having problems with smartmarks showing up randomly onto templates that smartmarks were not applied? We are getting color bars showing up within the print area and also platenames are being applied multiple times on signatures. We just did the upgrade to 5.3.1 b473 hoping it would solve our problem but it didn't. Any ideas? Thanks! M. :0)

Re: Preps smartmarks

If you look in the "Import Smart Marks" dialog box in the bottom right side there is a "'Destination Signature" selection. Maybe it's set to "all signatures" instead of the name of the sig in which you are importing the smark marks.

Hey, good thought but I checked and it is only selected for one signature in that template folder. I did not realize that it had an "all signatures" choice so that may come in handy in the future. Thanks for trying. M.

Terry's reply is the answer. When you're selecting the smartmark group and adding it to the right side, all sigs is selected in the bottom area. This happens when you don't have a specific layout selected before picking the menu item for adding smartmarks. - Roger

roger,

Meesh has already answered Terry that that wasn't it. Or are you suggesting that the box can be unchecked *after* adding the mark, in which case he damage is already done?

Al

Thanks Terry for your response. Although at first I didn't think the "all signatures" box was checked, it may have inadvertently gotten checked at one point in adding smartmarks to the group of the templates we were working on. I just went in to the one folder we were having a problem with and deleted ALL marks and started re-importing new smartmarks. While doing this I realized I may have been "double selecting" the same template twice and not checking that I had the correct one chosen in the lower right corner options. You definitely pointed me in the right direction. Thanks to all who responded-go buy yourselves a favorite beverage of your choosing!! After all, it's FRIDAY!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back