Color separations in Preps

fredfish

Hi, I have a job with 3 spot colors and I want to print it as a PDF with 3 "black" plates for Offset-printing.
It's not possible to choose "color separation" under imaging options in the first fane when I choose to print a job.

Anoyone?

- Erik

Re: Color separations in Preps

been a loong time since I tried this, but I recall being able to print a separated PS file then running it though distiller to get what you are after.

Thanks, but it should be possible to print a PDF separated directly. There's an area in the print box that says color separations, but it's not possible the click on it. Maybe I need to activate something somewhere in the program?

are you doing PDF to PDF job or Mixed?

if I do PDF to PDF, there is no option to do color seps..

the only time color seps become available is when printing to device or to a PS file.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood what you meant. Thought you said I should separate the finished file in Acrobat/distiller. You meant to use Distiller as a postscript printer through Creo Preps, right? I'll try it..

Feel free to come up with suggestions to how I print a separated PDF directly, folks!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back