InSite-Random slider appearance in preview mode

Angie

Hello Everyone-
We have having a completely random issue with InSite preview mode on one Mac (OS 10.6.8). Sometimes when you open a job in preview mode the pages are not displayed full size and sliders appear on two sides of each page. Sometimes if you close preview and reopen they go away-sometimes not. Can look at a job in the morning and they are there, look at the same job in the afternoon-gone. Does not matter what application made the file for refine, which process template used for refine, or what imposition is used. We have another machine that has the exact version of software on it and it never happens on that machine. I wanted to post a screen capture but of course now we can't get it to do it. Maybe I will get randomly lucky tomorrow and be able to post one for you all. Any thought?? Thanks in advance.

I have seen this a time or two. It may have something to do with the browsers magnification. If it does it again hit command-zero to reset the magnification.

I will forward this to the operator who is affected by this and see if that works. I have my doubts since it happens so sporadically but we will give it a whirl. Thanks Johnny

Try restarting that Mac with the shift key held down. This will start the Mac in safe mode and empty out several cache folders. Or run any of the utilities that will clear out system cache folders. Then reboot the Mac and see if you still see those issues.

Thanks Joe, we will try that. I now have a screen capture :)

Attachments

• Sliders.pdf
    172.3 KB · Views: 222

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back