Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing in PREPS

Hi again,

Sometimes when viewing pages with PMS colors in them the PMS color is blank, can see it. But when we print it out to proof or plate it shows up ok. We are using total pdf from Nexus. Also if i take that pdf that we cant view in Preps into Quark or InDesign, the pms shows up fine. So thats telling me that its got something to do with PREPS. Any input?

Thanks, Dauby

Re: Viewing in PREPS

This is in the previewer, right? Is it missing in composite view or separated view, or both?

Comment

yes this is in the previewer. It is missing in composite view. I don't have the option to view separations when its a pdf job but I can with a ps file.

Comment

This may be due to the Preps previewer being a Level 1 device and will not correctly handle spot colors in pdfs.

See this link: http://www.mygua.org/forums/showthre...ght=spot+color

You can also search that forum for more information.

Al

Comment

According to that link it was apparently fixed back in version 5.2. We are now running 5.3.1 on a Mac OS 10.4.11. Do you know if there is any fix for this? Or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
          Standard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA4OverSmartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2751 users online. 45 members and 2706 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
          X