help with the TCP/IP values for 2 Lans Brisque unit

O

outforkill

hey guys .. i wish u r not upset from my questions

not i using two lan cards and two connections

with these ips : 192.9.100.2 /192.9.100.3 and one gateway : 192.9.100.1

however i can successfuly send to lotem , but the brisque isn't allowed or showen over any network group ...
in the two domains 192.9.100.1

how i can put settings allows me to print directly from my designing pc to brisque .!!! !?

thanks in advance guys

Hussien

thanx mattbeals for ur replay .. but it was working all the time with two cards

but i supposed that it's the default .. how can i made it work with only one card

what is the right configuration for it ..

Looks like you have both cards in the same ip address range, the card connected to our LAN needs to be in the same address range as your connecting PC and LAN, this is usually something like 192.168.1.xxx but it depends on how your network is setup.

The second card is usually connected directly to the Lotem PC so that will need to be in the same address range as the Lotem PC and the fact you have communication with the Lotem looks like the settings are correct.

From past experience I would say your best to configure the network interface card before logging in to the CDE.

hey guys could anyone help me hpow can i copy cold diskette for brisque 5.2 so i can keep a copy on my pc for copying later ?

There is probably no real need to copy the diskette, because you can re-create one.

There is likely an Image file of the diskette on one of your original installation CDs.

Here is the original Scitex instruction info sheet for this procedure (for version 4.1, probably good for 5.xx as well):

Creating Brisque 4.x installation and migration diskettes using the
Add-On CD
[/B]
• 43P-150 - Tiger2
• F50 - Wildcat (2 and 4 CPUs)
• 44P-170 - Hammerhead
• 6F1 - Condor (2,4 and 6 CPUs)
Operating system IBM AIX 4.2.1 or IBM AIX 4.3.3
• one blank floppy diskette
Note: Please mark the diskette with the correct version number (for example, if the diskettes were created from the 4.0.97 Add-On CD, please mark them as 4.0.97 and use them only to install this version).
o To create an installation diskette, type:
cd /mnt/usr/fd_content
o To create a migration diskette, type:
cd /mnt/usr/fdm_content
3. Insert a new diskette.
Type: format fd0 (to format a new diskette)
Type: find . | backup -iq -vf /dev/fd0
4. Unmount the Add-On CD.
Type: cd /
Type: umount /mnt
5. Mark the diskette with the correct version number.
The diskette is now ready to use.

Date submitted 11 Apr 2002

thanks alot mr eli .. it u remembered me i'm hussien who called you sevral monthes ago from egypt asking about drum driver ... i appreciate ur help sir .hope to meet soon ...

hussien

What type of Lotem you got connected to the Brisque?

hey guys .. i wish u r not upset from my questions

not i using two lan cards and two connections

with these ips : 192.9.100.2 /192.9.100.3 and one gateway : 192.9.100.1

however i can successfuly send to lotem , but the brisque isn't allowed or showen over any network group ...
in the two domains 192.9.100.1

how i can put settings allows me to print directly from my designing pc to brisque .!!! !?

thanks in advance guys

Hussien

thanks alot pach for ur replay , and um sorry for my late replay .
i connect lotem 800 v to brisque 5.2 on AIX 604e

You can connect the Brisque to the Lotem with a Twisted pair RJ45, Point to Point connection. The other network cable goes to your HUB with a normal RJ45 network cable.

thanks alot pach for ur replay , and um sorry for my late replay .
i connect lotem 800 v to brisque 5.2 on AIX 604e

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back