Prinergy Destination different from InDesign Destination

lnivin

InDesign export to PDF the color is converted to Destination - Coated GRACoL2006 (Adobe version). Using the same Destination Profile in Prinergy, when the same file refines it looks more like USWebCoated than GRACoL.

I expected to get the same result.

Attached are screenshots of Prinergy Color Convert settings and InDesign PDF Export color settings.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-07-08 at 7.54.30 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-07-08 at 7.54.30 AM.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Screen shot 2014-07-08 at 7.54.59 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-07-08 at 7.54.59 AM.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 173
Hi,

I have experienced a radical change in colors when outputting from Adobe Photoshop and Kodak Prinergy. Adobe has reproduced the scanned certificate in grey-yellowish while Kodak's version was in distinctive magenta. Most curate colors were in Adobe version. I think it is due to color conversion engine from Kodak.

If uploading an JPEG image, ensure that the filename extension is .JPG, which maintains the original pixels as long as the file size is under around 3.5mb.

If the exension is .JPEG then the forum software will auto resize to 280px tall.

When you attach files to a forum post, there is a window that lists appropriate file formats, file sizes and whether a file will be resized etc.

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back