Preps 5.3.3 Smart Crop Marks and Smart Fold Marks – KO

cementary

Dear Preps users!
Can anyone explain why there is a working KO white under crop marks, but none under fold marks?
I've got one profile with right settings in it (i guess) but somehow it do not work for fold marks.
Maybe there are any more cfg strokes i need to fix – looking for help, it really frustrates me.

Attachments

• photo6197.jpg
    photo6197.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 206
  • photo6198.jpg
    photo6198.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 179
No Title

Its just becouse your crop marks are laying in front of imposition, but fold mark is under it
How to fix that, I dont know

Attachments

• photo6203.jpg
    photo6203.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 183
Its just becouse your crop marks are laying in front of imposition, but fold mark is under it
How to fix that, I dont know
Ok, thank you for your reply.
That's kinda weird, 'cause preps "internal" fold marks ko's everything under them without any problems. I mean the marks which length is defined in imposition creation menu and visibility in gutter options.
As far as i understand, fold marks are made from simple postscript lines. If this is true, then maybe anyone know how to and where to change the way preps drawing lines, so it draw double line? One 0 setseparationgray, other scaled with 1 setseparationgray. I've tried changin' some defaults in prepsc.ps (_drawline) but didn't see any effects in imposition.

May I see the PDF output from Preps (or PS>PDF)?

I don't use preps for pdf imposition output. I print pjtf with blank pages in the run list and export to prinergy then. So i can show you prinergy pdf output or vps/tiff output. Will that suite you?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back