Prinergy PDF Refining question

I'm a student in Graphics Workflow Optimization course, and I am tasked with creating a workflow chart that shows just this step of the process. I attached my file with what I have so far- anything i should add? I also attached the document I am working from that was given to me. Thoughts?

Attachments

• photo6417.jpg
    photo6417.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 179
  • photo6418.png
    photo6418.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 197
  • photo6419.jpg
    photo6419.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 186
Oops sorry. I attached better ones now. (My diagram is for step 4 in the pdf)

Attachments

• workflow.pdf
    823.9 KB · Views: 231
  • CMGM Prepress Workflow-FA2013PlateMaker-1.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 334
Very thorough. If only my real customers were this prepared. Only a couple of things that while are not wrong they are not universally set in stone. .125" is common bleed size but some printers want different amounts. We prefer .25". The other thing is on your PDF output settings while I like the use of the PDF X/4 specification I prefer the compression settings to use ZIP instead of JPEG. I have see image degradation using jpeg even on the maximum setting. But great job.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back