Imposition output

baritone

Hello everyone Im having some issue with imposition output rendering. It takes forever to render and have ready for our printer. When it goes to the printer it works great but to render the files it takes almost an hour to process the file to send to the printer software. Prinergy 5

Last edited:
Hello everyone Im having some issue with imposition output rendering. It takes forever to render and have ready for our printer. When it goes to the printer it works great but to render the files it takes almost an hour to process the file to send to the printer software. Prinergy 5

Sounds like the RIP is slow, bogged down by something. Could be a number of issues. When say it is slow rendering I take that to mean you're creating some sort of raster image to go to the printer. What printer is it? What kind of details can you give about the process?

Its a hp spindjet 7000. With the printing it works great but the rasterizing the files before it gets to spinflow. It will take about 1 to 3 hours on the imposition output before it goes to the spinjet software. It didnt have this kind of issue like this. In the past its abit slow like up to 10 to 15 mins but never that slow.

What resolution are you using to rasterize and what has changed since it used to only take 10 to 15 minutes? What is the page content? Text should go fast. Pages with lots of graphics will take considerably longer.

how do you do a level 1 reset? Restart the computer? I restarted the computer and it works fine for abit then act up again. rasterizing at 600X600

Through the server side Prinergy administration software (not Workshop), sorry I can’t remember all the names etc. I don’t use Prinergy very often. There are 4 levels of reset, level 1 is the safest as it only applies to processing queues (but double check what the wording says next to the reset level just in case it is flushing more stuff than I remember). As I said it is a last resort, usually helpful when nothing flows through the queues and they just sit there. This will take Prinergy offline while it restarts services, so get all users and CTP etc ready.

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back