Re: Changing Signature Job Number in Prinergy

MattG

Re: Changing Signature Job Number in Prinergy

This is probably a simple question but I can't find where or how to do it. We constantly get reorders so I go into Workshop and copy the previous job and apply the new job number. Now, I also need to change the number in the signature to reflect the new job number. What's the easiest way to do it? Thank You as always!

[h=2]Variable marks template format[/h]
Use the following format: $[tag,<n1, n2>]

where:

tag is the name of a variable mark, for example Job or Color.

n1 is an optional element and represents the index number, a number that begins at 0 for the left-most character and increases sequentially for each character to the right. For example, if your text reads, "Prinergy" then "P" is index number 0, "r" is index number 1, "i" is index number 2, and so on.

n2 is an optional element and represents the maximum number of characters for the variable mark.

Examples: If the text is "TestJob", the variable mark $[Jobname<2,4>] displays stJo. Alternatively, if you use $[Jobname<3,-3>] the variable mark displays est.

If the file or job name has % in it, use %% in the tag to get % in the name $[Signature], $[SIG]

Notes:
  • For variable marks that are based on the page closest to the PDF file containing the variable mark, this is measured from the center of the page or sheet mark's bounding box.
  • You can also use text-file-based marks for impositions which retrieve text from a text file.
Full list you can look in prinergy help

If I am understanding your question you want to rename the imposition. If so Import the already existing imposition and give it the new name with the new job number. Then delete the old imposition.

Easiest way is to include the variable mark for your Prinergy job name to your preps imposition, you don't then need to change the name of the signature. if you need to change the name of the signature, as Joe says you can import, go to Job folder>System>Impositions>Preps> ....jdf or .pjtf
Or if you have signature-selection and the signature is a saved template you can double click to Edit then just change the name there and it will duplicate in Prinergy.

well, I would do it so: if I get job number and signature number from MIS, I use it in customfields, and then automatically insert it on old output. Of coz, in Preps R should no any job or sign information.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back