Matchprint open connectivity client

Mark

Ding Dong the Brisque is dead!

Moved on to Sierra! Now using Matchprint inkjet Open Connectivity kit with hot folders. (instead of direct from Brisque)

Does anyone have experience with OpenConnectivity client?
I get some jobs that fail and was wondering if they can just be resubmitted from the Openconnectivity client window or do i have to resend from Sierra every time?

Thanks,
Mark

OpenConnectivity is basically a “stand alone RIP”, the default “direct connectivity” relies on Prinergy to do most of the work (RIPing, colour management, file submission).

If you are licensed for OpenConnectivity and it is running correctly, then you can copy files through the Finder (or Windows File Browser) to the networked hot folder on the KPS Controller, or use the KPS Client software on your workstation or on the KPS Controller to submit (which also offers more control).

Stephen Marsh

OpenConnectivity has been working well, but now it is stuck at "printing to hi res". I resent, same problem. I dumped all old proofs from trash, same problem. I rebooted the PC running matchprint software, still stuck when it gets to printing to hi res.
Shows progress at 75% but won't go any further? Any ideas?

Mark

OpenConnectivity has been working well, but now it is stuck at "printing to hi res". I resent, same problem. I dumped all old proofs from trash, same problem. I rebooted the PC running matchprint software, still stuck when it gets to printing to hi res.
Shows progress at 75% but won't go any further? Any ideas?

Mark

Using the Proofer Client software on the controller or a workstation, log into administration mode then perform a Level 1 reset to flush all queues, just like in Prinergy Evo/Connect (Open Connectivity is essentially a stripped down version of Evo).

EDIT: You can also try stopping and restarting the OpenConnectivity software from the administrator interface as well, however I’d first do the level 1 reset.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back