Evo 5.1.6 workflow file location

Mike Z

I have over 200 Evo workflow templates to automate refining and imposing various sizes of pdfs/sheet sizes, mostly for digital. I had been successfully backing them up by Exporting them from the template editor, always ending up with over 200 files in the workflow export. At some point this year, when I export, I only get 40 files now. Exporting gives an error about path or access.

I was thinking that maybe a workflow has an illegal file name or something but until I figure it out, where exactly on the Evo server would I find the templates to back up manually?

Thanks

Not sure about your setup but our Prinergy 5 server has a number of network shares. One of those is for Preps. On the Preps share there is a folder called "Templates". That contains the Prinergy Process Templates.

I checked there, it is under PgyEvoConfig/Preps/Templates and only seems to have the .tpl templates. The workflow templates can be manually exported from the Prinergy Template editor (not to be confused with the Workflow editor available from the Prinergy Client). These files export as .xml and also are included when you backup from the Prinergy Administrator. Both ways yield only about 40 out of 251 total workflows.

I am guessing they must reside somewhere on the server because they all show up in the template browser and work but I would feel better having a complete backup in case of server problems.

Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back