Lotem punches bad

Mark

We have a bad punch in our Lotem 800.
Anyone know if there's a way to shut off the punches in software?

Thanks

You should be able to turn the punching off in your workflow.
If you're exposing through Xpo, change your templates to not include punching
If you use another workflow, there will be a setting for punch type

I tried unplugging the punches, Lotem just stops and gives an error. I also deselected punches in Xpo but still get error about punches.
Where is it in Lotem software to turn off the punches on the Lotem. I can't locate it.

Thanks

Go to Utilities>Hardware>Punch system>Punch system i think you can turn it off from there or try Utilities>Hardware>Loading system>Loading system>Select punch for loading, hope that helps

We were able to remove the punch and give it some TLC with a grinder to get it moving again. So far so good.
(Never did get the punches to turn off though)

We never had to resort to anything that drastic.
Aligning the detector usually fixed problems.
BTW, turning off the punches altogether may probably be done in the registry but I don't remember details.

Go to Utilities>Hardware>Punch system>Punch system i think you can turn it off from there or try Utilities>Hardware>Loading system>Loading system>Select punch for loading, hope that helps

Tried that, but it did not shut off punches

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back