Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynamic colorbars in Preps

Hi, has anybody knowledge on dynamic colorbars in Preps? Specifically how to map job spot colors so that they show in the colorbar?
    I would drink a beer in Munich´s Hofbräuhaus in your honor if you can tell me how.

Name Spot's in your colorbar like Spot1, Spot2 etc

Comment

What workflow are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by johnny_jay View Post
        What workflow are you using?
        None, it´s a standalone preps, I know that prinergy can do it the way the customer wants. But it´s the old problem... "It worked before you updated from Preps 5 to preps 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Slammer View Post

None, it´s a standalone preps, I know that prinergy can do it the way the customer wants. But it´s the old problem... "It worked before you updated from Preps 5 to preps 8.
          Rampage could re-map as well with special spot color names in the color bar. I see there is remapping in the print dialog, does that help in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by johnny_jay View Post

Rampage could re-map as well with special spot color names in the color bar. I see there is remapping in the print dialog, does that help in any way?
            Sadly it doesn´t as the customer has a Heidelberg RIP. In the meantime the customer has accepted that they are not able to get it to work and I havn´t heard anything since.

Comment

If you are "printing" from Preps make sure the PDF Color Mapping button is selected (under the General tab of the print dialog.) Then under the Color Separations tab you can map the color bars to the desired spot colors used in the art. This only works if the color bar you are using has spot colors as well.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 11.00.55 AM.png
              Dan Curry
              Prinergy 6 • Preps 7 • SmartStream Designer

Comment

I´ll give that a try, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Slammer View Post

Sadly it doesn´t as the customer has a Heidelberg RIP. In the meantime the customer has accepted that they are not able to get it to work and I havn´t heard anything since.
                  Prinect's, especially old ones, just like prinergy. They support unpopulated jdf.

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

Free Download

Collapse

Avanti
                  Before You Buy A Print MIS Read This - FREE Download Link To Download

4OverCanonKBAXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAvantiXeikonGraph Expo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4849 users online. 85 members and 4764 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,611 at 11:23 AM on 02-27-2019.

Working...
                  X