dynamic colorbars in Preps

Slammer

Hi, has anybody knowledge on dynamic colorbars in Preps? Specifically how to map job spot colors so that they show in the colorbar?
I would drink a beer in Munich´s Hofbräuhaus in your honor if you can tell me how.

None, it´s a standalone preps, I know that prinergy can do it the way the customer wants. But it´s the old problem... "It worked before you updated from Preps 5 to preps 8.

Rampage could re-map as well with special spot color names in the color bar. I see there is remapping in the print dialog, does that help in any way?

Rampage could re-map as well with special spot color names in the color bar. I see there is remapping in the print dialog, does that help in any way?

Sadly it doesn´t as the customer has a Heidelberg RIP. In the meantime the customer has accepted that they are not able to get it to work and I havn´t heard anything since.

If you are "printing" from Preps make sure the PDF Color Mapping button is selected (under the General tab of the print dialog.) Then under the Color Separations tab you can map the color bars to the desired spot colors used in the art. This only works if the color bar you are using has spot colors as well.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 11.00.55 AM.png

Sadly it doesn´t as the customer has a Heidelberg RIP. In the meantime the customer has accepted that they are not able to get it to work and I havn´t heard anything since.

Prinect's, especially old ones, just like prinergy. They support unpopulated jdf.

I don't think the ink remapping comes out of Preps 8. We use it in our Xitron Rip the color remapping. Yes we have a 4 & 5 spot color bar. Spot1, Spot2 etc. If Preos does it that would be news to me.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back