Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ Litho
    replied
    We run 2 40” and 73” presses.scratching usually comes from miss handling the plates. As far as fount changing colour
    are always has a pink hue no issues. We run two flow clears and have not drained out tanks in 5 months. We run Conventional and Full UV inks with no issue. No Bs. we do not put paper between the plates anymore.73 runs 24 hrs 5 days a week . Any questions you can Pm Me.
    RJ

Leave a comment:

• Magnus59
    replied
    Originally posted by Dewald View Post
    sveibl,

Maybe check into the solution offered by Magnus59, even though I've never heard of that (I certainly don't know all things!).
    This is the FCO for the bar flag on the Magnus 400. The original had the metal tip.20190702_124731.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Dewald
    replied
    sveibl,

I have some sites running Sonora in the thousands per month (mix of Magnus and Trendsetter machines, auto-loading and manual) with no metal shavings being reported or causing issues. Not to dismiss your experience, I just mean to say that it can and does work. Maybe check into the solution offered by Magnus59, even though I've never heard of that (I certainly don't know all things!).

As for the fountain solution changing colour... that should definitely not be the case. Are they following the correct startup procedure on the press? I know there is some order to operations required where the dampers are on for a certain number of revolutions before the ink (and similar for stops to ensure trouble-free restarts). Following the correct procedure as prescribed by Kodak should yield good results regardless of the brand of fountain solution used.

Leave a comment:

• Alois Senefelder
    replied
    Hello sveibi,

I suggest you take "Responablilty" and clean the plate transportation mechanics, with any metal being CUT - there will be the occasional "Metal Swarf " left behind.

Regards, Alois

Leave a comment:

• sveibl
    replied
    I will ask the question! It is less than 6 months old and installed for sonora's. But I've seen worse screw ups

Leave a comment:

• Magnus59
    replied
    Have you got the new bar flag on the Magnus, this is required for Sonora plates as the old style scratched the back of the plates causing an issue similar to what you describe.

Leave a comment:

• sveibl
    started a topic Kodak Somora plate scratches

Kodak Somora plate scratches

I understand that these plates are more sensitive to handling scratches than most processed plates but..........

We are finding various size Plate material shavings being left behind in loading Magnus plate draws when we go to reload.

Some of these end up embedded on exit rollers and appear to be causing issues.

Seems to be a Kodak plate cutting problem.

Anyone else seeing this?

Whining pressman also say that fountain solution is polluted and changing color. They are using a Prisco brand, not Kodak formulation.

Plates preform well other than these side effects
CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox

Free Download

Collapse

Trade Show Survey=
Instant October Trade Show Survey
Come On! Only 5 Questions

PRINT 19 and PRINTING United are squaring off in October.
Will you be at one of them?
Both? Neither?
Please take our 1-Minute survey to tell us about your plans for the two big fall shows!

Take The Survey.

CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)AvantiGraph ExpoKBAAvantiEnfocusGraph ExpoDuploXerox

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4779 users online. 86 members and 4693 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
X