Checking total ink limit in Prinergy

Alien

Hello Prinergy-users!
How do you check customers files for total ink limit (raster&vector objects)?

Screenshot would be grateful.

Attachments

• TIL.pdf
    20.1 KB · Views: 225
If you have the Advanced Preflight option, you can set a threshold to warn or fail in Refine above a specified total percentage. It can also show on the upload to Insite (assuming the Prinergy server has the advanced preflight on) with Insite 5.5.X.
Allan

if you have the advanced preflight option, you can have it flag ink coverage (based on whatever criteria you use) in the preflight report. It's located under 'Color' in the profile editor.

Thanks a lot!
2 more questions:
Can I check for TIL in CMYK images, or it detected only vector objects?
Could someone make screenshot of this option?

The ink coverage preflight includes vector and raster data. You also have the option to opt-out of checking images....
2 gig0
Thank you!
Does it work correctly?
How long this option has been used by you?
Did you have any problems?

Can someone refine this file with advanced preflight option, check it for TTL and show me resault, pleeeaseee :)

Attachments

• duck.pdf
    348.7 KB · Views: 235
We already have a dedicated preflight system in place so we don't use it all that much, just sometimes, but I haven't heard or read too many complaints about it, even on the Prinergy forums.

I just used a basic preflight refiner on your pdf file and it generated a pdf preflight report (which, btw, hotlinks to the problem areas) and shows the ink coverage in the image exceeds a threshold of 310, besides being under 150dpi resolution. :)

Attachments

• duck.new_rep.pdf
    259 KB · Views: 232
gig0
Thanks a lot! Now I believe in it :)
I worked in Connect v 2.5 4 years ago, and this version wasn't able for checking fot TIL.
Progress :)

wait 'till you see Prinergy 4.1! Dynamic process templates means going APPE/CPSI at the last minute and more control, better remake/resubmit features, automated FTP uploading added to the process templates. A very nice improvement over 4 and looks like Kodak was listening to the end users.

If you come to Graph Expo, we will be showing Prinergy 5, which is slated for early production in January 09. I could start describing new cool stuff, but would rather you see it. Contact a sales rep for a personal demo as well if you can't make it to Chicago. BTW, all our features in our products are because of our end users. I would like to put in a big plug for the Graphics Users Association at mygua.org which is our compass.
AL

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back