Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mult-purpose 2 sided proofing paper

Hey folks, new to PrintPlanet. Been working with Prinergy for about 3 months and just curious about a few things. 1st. We're using Kodaks' Matchprint SM235 media paper to proof on a 7800 Epson proofer. Does anyone know of any 2 sided papers that are close to this paper in quality (maybe a little thinner would be ideal) but come in a two sided version? I would need sheets or rolls 24" or larger. I'm trying to be to get our customers a proof that I can fold and trim for a finished, stitched 8.5 x 11 (maybe 40 pages or less) but also be O.K. for color quality. Am I asking too much or does the rest of the world just use cheap, 2 sided imposition paper for the mock-up and output an additional set of proofs on the high quality semi-gloss/semi-matte paper. I'm trying to avoid making 2 sets of proofs to save time and materials. Also, does anyone know if I can get a paper made by someone other than Kodak to calibrate using the "Proofer Client" software?

Any thoughts?

Re: Mult-purpose 2 sided proofing paper

We do both, a backed-up low res SpinJet and a nice color proof for 4 color work. For simple jobs, like spot color one sided, with set the SpinJet ink reduction low and it works just fine!

Danny

Comment

We do both, a backed-up low res SpinJet and a nice color proof for 4 color work. For simple jobs, like spot color one sided, we set the SpinJet ink reduction low and it works just fine!

Danny

Comment

I'm not aware of a two sided contract quality media in sheets or rolls. There is a good two sided sheet media for dye only printers, but obviously, you have Ultrachrome. The problem with using a dye media on pigmented (Ultrachrome) is that saturation and shadow detail will not be as good as it is on dye paper. L* blacks on dye paper using pigmented inks will not get below 11 or 12, whereas L* blacks on high quality contract paper using the same pigmented inks will get as low as 4. Big difference in shadow detail and saturation.

As far as finding a non-Kodak media to work with your system ask your dealer about Midstates Graphics and they should be able to recommend a replacement media. You are also free to contact me if you need additional help in defining the correct media.
        Bob Hill
        Mid-States Graphics

Comment

We have tried the expensive stuff for our Agfa SherpaMatic, but switched to a cheaper paper which does the job just fine. It's manufactured by OUTRÉ. We get it in a 43" x 250' roll. It's under $200 cdn, which is a huge savings over any brand name manufacturer. Check it out!

Comment

I also recently switched to Outré from DuPont Digital Dylux and I am not looking back. I use 20815 CB100S2 on my SpinJets.

Comment

Hi, we've been doing double-sided coated and uncoated contract proofing on sheets with Bestcolor rips through Epsons for 6 years. Call John Zaccardi at The Cartolith Group 508-326-4175. I buy his papers through Pitman. - Roger

Comment

Alameda Company

Originally posted by jinthebay View Post
                Hey folks, new to PrintPlanet. Been working with Prinergy for about 3 months and just curious about a few things. 1st. We're using Kodaks' Matchprint SM235 media paper to proof on a 7800 Epson proofer. Does anyone know of any 2 sided papers that are close to this paper in quality (maybe a little thinner would be ideal) but come in a two sided version? I would need sheets or rolls 24" or larger. I'm trying to be to get our customers a proof that I can fold and trim for a finished, stitched 8.5 x 11 (maybe 40 pages or less) but also be O.K. for color quality. Am I asking too much or does the rest of the world just use cheap, 2 sided imposition paper for the mock-up and output an additional set of proofs on the high quality semi-gloss/semi-matte paper. I'm trying to avoid making 2 sets of proofs to save time and materials. Also, does anyone know if I can get a paper made by someone other than Kodak to calibrate using the "Proofer Client" software?

Any thoughts?
                Alameda Company offers a product that is a 2 sided PHOTOBASE product which you can fold down for contract quality proofs - pretty expensive and the sheet slightly differs from side to side, but if color isn't critical and you want a 2 side photobase, it is available.

This PHOTOBASE product differs from the Digital DuPont Dylux type (2-Side coated BOND paper) products Alameda Company offers for SpinJets and other 2 sided printing devices. The PLUS product is the high quality/heavy ink load product which is recommended for these 2 side printing devices. Call Bob O'Neill at Alameda Company at (925) 209-9678 for more info and samples.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
                Standard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4837 users online. 95 members and 4742 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                X