Preps - Can't select independent page!

jinthebay

I've been using Preps for a couple of years now and can't figure why it is, sometimes, that once an independent page has been created in a template and crop marks have been added, that it becomes impossible to select it in order to edit it. (Move or change size). Even sometimes without having crop marks added to it, it becomes impossible.

Using, Preps 5.2

Any thoughts?

Re: Preps - Can't select independent page!

good afternoon,

you may want to try turning off the gutter margins, i think this allows you to then select the independant pages. as long as the gutters are turned on, i dont think you can select independant pages.

correct me if i am wrong on that, but i am pretty sure that is the case.

cr

That's it. By turning them off, you won't be able to see the grayed area. it's all white. The other thing you'll need to be aware of, bleed overflow. Make sure bleed will butt up. If you're too close, by default, the bleed will overflow on the independent page if you are closer than .250...or has this been recently been fixed?

Frank

Actually, now I'm confused. Exactly where and how am I turning off gutter margins? Thanks for any input folks!

in preps, in your tools palatte, the 3rd tool down in the right hand column will toggle on and off your gutter margins. if they are on, they will view a darker gray color on your template. if they are off, they will view a very faint gray color. if they are on, you will not be able to select an independant page. if they are off, you will be able to.

hope this helps,

cr

Hey Chris,

That was it, exactly!!! Feel kinda foolish that I've never been able to figure that out on my own. But I guess that's why we all spend time in these forums. Hope that I'll be able to help someone else like you've helped me.

Thanks again!

no problem... for all that i take out of this site, im glad i can help somebody else for a change!

good luck,

cr

In some cases we need to turn off page by assigning "0" number to it.
It's actually very handy technique to place a different rotation or size to individual page in say 16-up imposition.
Simply copy and paste such page(s) and they become independent. You can't remove individual page from imposition but able to turn it off by assigning "0" page number to either side in properties. Then you can apply any different properties to independent pages.

So, if I set 0 number by accident to both sides of the page I can get it back. Doesn't matter if it's one from imposition or independent.

How to select this page?

If you edit the template in a text editor you will be able to get change page 0 to an actual page number. I am not at work right now but if you hunt through the template you should find it.

select the page with the key combo apple + option + shift..... works every time.

Edited by: anthonywmorgan on Mar 18, 2008 5:13 PM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back