Prinergy v4.0 in a Production Environment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prinergy v4.0 in a Production Environment

Simple question here. I am located in South Central Minnesota and I was wondering if anyone in Minnesota or neighboring states were running Prinergy v4.0 in a production environment ? If so where are you located and how do like it compared to v3.1.0.6?

Re: Prinergy v4.0 in a Production Environment

Is Illinois consider a neighboring state?

I actually just updated to 4.0.2.0c on Sunday. Seems to work alright... so far. Although the update could have gone a bit smoother.

We did have one job that refined bad when we used the new Adobe PDF Print Engine. When we refined with the Adobe CPSI everything was fine. I have been assured by the RC that upgrading to 4.0.2.1c will fix the problem with the Adobe PDF Print Engine. I am upgrading tomorrow morning.

Comment

We are running 4.0.2.1c and have only seen a couple of new glitches otherwise things are going well.

The biggest difference between Prinergy 3 and 4 is that it now accepts transparency. No more work arounds/flattening to get your files to output correctly.

Kodak has announced that there is another updater that is nearly ready. 4.0.2.2.

I am located in MPLS. and you can contact me with additional questions.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff,

How long have you been running Prinergy 4.0.2.1c and what speed network do you have the Prinergy server and computers accessing the Prinergy server on? I was also wondering what size of pdf files do you usually refine through Prinergy and how is the performance?

Thanks

Comment

Upgrading to 4.0.2.1c did indeed fix the problem with the Adobe PDF Print Engine. 4.0.2.1c seems to be pretty stable after I worked the initial kinks out. I have switched us over to using the PDF Print Engine for all jobs.

I would say if you are thinking about upgrading to go for it. They finally built in the ability to scroll! Why it took this long I do not know.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
          UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3985 users online. 90 members and 3895 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
          X