Preps 5.3.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preps 5.3.1

I just updated to Preps 5.3.1 from 5.3 (build422). The updater goes through the whole speel, and says the update was successful, but when I launch Preps the update is not applied. I'm still running 5.3 (build422).
    It is on Power Mac G5, Dual 2.3 GHZ, running 10.4.11
    Thanks
    bmeister

Re: Preps 5.3.1

Are you launching it from the dock? Browse to your Application folder and look inside the Preps 5.3 folder. Get info on Preps to see if it's the new one. Drag this new one to your dock after deleting the old alias.

Hope this helps.
    Allan Larson

Comment

No, I’m afraid that is not the case. I go to my folder and try to launch the 5.3.1.app but nothing happens. I have a generic app icon, (see attachment). The strange thing is the ganging app updates fine, (which we do not have a license for).

Comment

The updated app should be named "Preps 5.app". Is there a chance that the existing app was renamed? If so, then then the updater will not overwrite the renamed app but write a "Preps 5.app" file which will only contain the updated components and will not run.

Use the Rollbackto5.3.0 applescript to roll back. Make sure your Preps application is named "Preps 5.app" and then run the updater again.

Comment

That was it. I renamed it to Preps 5.app and it did overwrite
          Thanks
          Bobm

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
          UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4907 users online. 105 members and 4802 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
          X