Preps 5.3.1

bbmeister

I just updated to Preps 5.3.1 from 5.3 (build422). The updater goes through the whole speel, and says the update was successful, but when I launch Preps the update is not applied. I'm still running 5.3 (build422).
It is on Power Mac G5, Dual 2.3 GHZ, running 10.4.11
Thanks
bmeister

Re: Preps 5.3.1

Are you launching it from the dock? Browse to your Application folder and look inside the Preps 5.3 folder. Get info on Preps to see if it's the new one. Drag this new one to your dock after deleting the old alias.

Hope this helps.
Allan Larson

No, I’m afraid that is not the case. I go to my folder and try to launch the 5.3.1.app but nothing happens. I have a generic app icon, (see attachment). The strange thing is the ganging app updates fine, (which we do not have a license for).

The updated app should be named "Preps 5.app". Is there a chance that the existing app was renamed? If so, then then the updater will not overwrite the renamed app but write a "Preps 5.app" file which will only contain the updated components and will not run.

Use the Rollbackto5.3.0 applescript to roll back. Make sure your Preps application is named "Preps 5.app" and then run the updater again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back