preps - differences between versions?

Starr19

Hello ,

I'm looking to upgrade my versions of preps from 5.2. I was reading there are different versions XL, Pro and what looks the most exciting the new ganging. Can anyone give a quick break down of the differences between 5.2 and the lastest 5.3.1? And if Preps Ganging is worth getting?

Thanks

Re: preps - differences between versions?

In my humble opinion Preps ganging could be a huge time saver when it comes to building templates. I believe if you buy the Pro version of preps the preps ganging software comes with it.

As with most upgrades from Kodak the difference between 5.2 and 5.3.1 are bug fixes. They added ganging at Vers 5.3 and its an additional cost unless you are running Preps Pro. I have 5.3.1 pro on three machines and I have no complaints. It seems to crash a little less often then before (a good thing) but the ganging feature is in it infancy and needs work. If you do a lot of ganging work take a look at Metrix, its the best there is. I will be ordering it after vers 3 comes out to augment my preps installs.

thank you for your input. Besides ganging what is the advantage of preps pro?

Thanks! your info has been very helpful.. glad to know im not the only one with this question.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back