Barcode Software for MacOSX

jlind

I need some 128 set C barcode. The BarCode Pro software for the Mac is $360-$420. Are there any creative work arounds to consider, share ware, an alternative software that will work just as well....
Any insight would be appreciated. This will run on OSX.
John Lind
Cranberry Township, PA
724-776-4718

Re: Barcode Software for MacOSX

John;

We are quite satisfied with Barcode Producer from Intelli Innovations - $149. Leopard compatible.
Alternately you could Google search for online creation sites. I've used them in the past....YMMV.

Don

If you want free take a look at Barcode Writer in Pure Postscript (http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/) It's a postscript lib to produce almost any bar code in common use. There is also a list of apps at the end of the page that use the code and make it more accessible to the code-challenged. :)

You correctly guess that I am very Code-challenged. I appreciate the recommendations, you solved the problem, on to the next problem. Thanks.
John Lind
Cranberry Township, PA
724-776-4718

You could look at Instant Barcode from Enfocus, it costs 249 Euro and you can get a 30 day demo. If you are familiar with the old Yin 4 Yang barcode toolbox product you'll be at home with this offering from Enfocus as they bought the code form Y4Y.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention it's a plug in for Illustrator. Doh!

Edited by: John Hemsley on Jul 3, 2008 11:46 AM

If you run Darwin or Fink on your Mac you can get glabels as source code (from glabels.org) and compile it (or maybe someone has already compiled it for Mac?). Perfectly fine program for occasional use.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back