DPX Genesis Installation

mpsolutions

Hello Everyone,
Just purchased an old DPX Genesis polyster CTP. The machine has Ripmate 4.1 Rip CD, but no Operation Manual. I really have no idea how to install this machine. The rip must go on a PC (would WIN XP work fine?) Does it need a USB Dongle? because I did not get one.
if any one can post me some step by step guidelines how to install the Rip and the machine on the PC and be able to print from Mac OSX, I would really appreciate it.

Come on Guys, No one can help on this one?
Can you at least tell me if viper 4.1 supposed to have some kind of dongle!!!

If I remember correctly, that version of the rip would not have a dongle if it is the Jaws rip. If it is the Harlequin rip it would have a parallel port dongle. Do you have the interface card? The rip also would have to run on Windows 98. There are no XP drivers for those versions. You need to go back to whomever you bought it from and have them give you the rip computer.

Ok so this is a good start. I will find an old pc and load win 98 on it. I have the rip CD and a cable like you described. With parrallel plug in one end and serial on the other.
But which one goes in pc? And how you connect the DPX to pc?

IF you still are having problems, I can walk you thru the setup and install. I also have a complete working rip and dpx genesis unit that I no longer use if you are missing anything.
Alex 507 523 2809

The dealer that sold me the dpx among other machines must habe kept the pc it was running on.
I am stuck because I seem to be missing the interface card.
Do i have any other options to get this thing working?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back