InkZone not working when InkZone Connect is activated

Big Al

For the past month we have been having issues with our InkZone closed loop system on our Heidelberg cd 102 console. We can get the ink presets to load from Di-Plot and preset the Ink Keys only if the InkZone Connect function is disabled. However when it is disabled the Intellitrax scanner information can't be sent to the console for ink key settings.

I have tried everything from reinstalls, installs on a different computer, different NICs and IPs and swapping network cables. All with the same results.

This is version 4 of InkZone running on a XP computer. (Vendor Installation) The vendor can't seem to figure out the problem, CMYK Dist. wants no part of it and the developers, Digital Information will not return emails. Since initial contact with Digital Information they have removed all previous version downloads from their website.
One thing that points to a possible problem is that when the software was originally installed it was necessary to unplug the NIC cable that had internet access in order to not break the system.

So my questions are:
Has anyone else experienced this problem in the past?
Should I pay thousands of dollars to upgrade and still have terrible support?
Or, should I bit the bullet and look for other closed-loop options with better support?

thanks, Al

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back