Looking for an Inposition Program

lostmind

A customer asked me the other day if I knew of a good Inposition program and could recommend one to him. He was currently looking at Inp02. Since I've been using Preps my entire career, I really have no knowledge of what's out there. Can someone vouch for this program (I believe it's an Acrobat plugin) or suggest something better for him to look at? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

lostmind,

Spelling ! the correct word IS .......... Imposition, pages are imposed for the correct pagination when producing folded Signatures - 4pp 8pp 16pp 32pp and so on

Just Google - Imposition Software

Regards, Alois

You can get Founder Elecroc 6 workflow with Imposer or Composer processor. works really good and easy to operate.
It will cost you less than Preps and many other workflows in the market.

I use Imposition Studio Pro. Can be a bit of a learning curve to figure it out, but works well and is PDF based and visual.
http://www.devalipi.com

Support has been amazing for this product, they have gotten back to me very quickly and helped with some unique layouts I was having trouble with.

Hi,
avoiding workflow software with an integrated imposition software, I think you have many opportunities on the market of stand alone applications.
Recently I had the same need and I did a research and several demo. If it could help, here my opinions:

PREPS (by Kodak): expensive, robust, complicated but very powerful imposition software (it's the one I choose at the end of all). It may handle every kind of most perverse imposition you can remotely imagine. Last release (should be n°7) isn't bug free, but it works great. Some steps are not so intuitive. Better to invest in some training, just to avoid any sort of problem.

IMPOSITION STUDIO PRO (by Devalipi): cheap, flexible and a great piece of software. However is limited in capabilities that go out of a certain standard. Devalipi provide a great customer support, but sometimes they don't have a precise idea of I was speaking about (especially in ganging different jobs together)

ImpO2 (dy Dynagram): I loved it a lot, it's a plug in of Acrobat, in the full optional license has many features that are useful. It also provide automation, wizards and "on the fly imposition" for quick jobs. It cost as a PREPS license, and like preps, it is not so intuitive. Unfortunaltely, I am still waiting for a reply about having some training.
This software is very similar to QUITE IMPOSE. (If they would had reply me, probably would have been my choice)

DYNASTRIP (by Dynagram): alter ego of Preps, don't know if it's developed, the softhouse is pushing ImpO2 over the market

IMPOSTRIP (by Ultimate): Impressive software, it comes out in so many ways, with so many modules, with so much features that leaved me confused. Had a demo of it (they go from plug in for acrobat for the basic impositions to a complete client/server automated solution), I was very impressed by it. However I still waiting that the tech guy find some time to show me what I really need (they show me a fantastic show of what they can do, but when I asked something the answer was always one: got no time for this yet, we talk about it later. No time… ok, no customer)

PUZZLEFLOW ORGANIZER (by Puzzleflow): on the paper seems fantastic, I'm still waiting for any answer…

METRIX (by EFI): just a word, AMAZING! But the most expansive software that I ever looked at.

But the main question youhave to answer to yourself is: what kind of impostions (jobs) I have to handle?
From that answer, it will be easy to focus on the right product.

Good luck!

Last edited:
If you are looking for an application that can do it all (A little lite on packaging) Signa Station - Heidelberg - A must see if you are comparing high end

I'm also looking for an imposition software that would do swing/combo/dutch layouts for me (instead of manually setting in InDesign). Any suggestions?

We do multiple up tags. I need an imposition software that can take a list of pdfs and the given number of each needed and create an imposition for maximum output with minimum run
IE: I have 5 different versions of a tag, 10k of two versions, 40 K of the 3rd, 80K of the 4th and 50K of the 5th. We try to gang to save plate changes at the press. We can fit 9 lanes across the web for individual tags.
Currently we have to figure manually and imposition in illustrator multiple up on the sheet and output film or go directly to plates.
Does any software have an algorithm to create such a layout?

Thanks, JJ

We do multiple up tags. I need an imposition software that can take a list of pdfs and the given number of each needed and create an imposition for maximum output with minimum run
IE: I have 5 different versions of a tag, 10k of two versions, 40 K of the 3rd, 80K of the 4th and 50K of the 5th. We try to gang to save plate changes at the press. We can fit 9 lanes across the web for individual tags.
Currently we have to figure manually and imposition in illustrator multiple up on the sheet and output film or go directly to plates.
Does any software have an algorithm to create such a layout?

Thanks, JJ
Kodak Preps has such an algorithm for that use case. The UI for optimizing your gang run is a bit confusing, but once you get the hang of it, it works well.

I wouldn't spend anytime looking at Dynastrip or IMP02 as the company is out of business.

Dear clients and partners,

After more than a quarter of a century, Dynagram is withdrawing from the Graphic Arts industry.

We are proud and privileged to have served this industry for so long, and we thank it for these wonderful years during which we have made sure to provide the best imposition solutions and services all along.

Over the past few years, we have strived to continue to serve our clients for as long as we could. Unfortunately, it is now economically impossible to keep updating our products to the latest versions of the operating systems and the different third-party systems with which we must integrate.

For this reason, Dynagram will stop selling its range of DynaStrip and inpO2 solutions as of June 30, 2022.

We thank you again and wish you the best.

The Dynagram Team

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back