CorelDRAW—2018 Released

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2018 has been released. This is a new version that includes so many new features & enhancements that they are too numerous to list here.

Also included in the release: 10,000 clipart & digital images; 2,000 high-resolution digital photos; 1,000 fonts; 350 design templates; 2,000 vehicle templates and over 500 interactive frames & photos.

Available for Windows 10 in several languages, with 2-Pricing Options:
  • Perpetual license: $499 USD-one time cost,
  • Subscription: $198 USD per year.
There is also a free 15-day trial (no payment info is required) available.

Unless there is a Corel app I don't know about, I am surprised that Corel hasn't tried to develop a page layout app (unless CorelDraw is considered to be that) in order to try and compete with InDesign.

pd

Unless there is a Corel app I don't know about, I am surprised that Corel hasn't tried to develop a page layout app (unless CorelDraw is considered to be that) in order to try and compete with InDesign.

pd

Well if you remember our dear old friend David Millisock, you would know that page layout on CorelDraw is easier than inDesign or Quark even though it actually isn't a page layout. But its so good that it still beats the big players. Also, I'm assuming since you haven't received a Corel file in years and don't currently use it that your going to be closing up shop soon because any shop using another program is doomed to fail :rolleyes:

Ha ha. All sarcasm and jokes aside (and with respect to David), I neither like or dislike Corel. I have used it before, albeit briefly. I am sure it is a great app but as I mentioned in another thread with David, I have to support what my customers use. My guess is that David is in a market that is Corel dominant where InDesign is the chief app used by the vast majority of my customers. Sadly, a few of my customers still insist on Publisher.

pd

dmillsock simply thinks outside the box. he’s got a secret stash/cache of *.cdr vectors … and, once IW1(image-war-1) transcends, with adobe and quark surreptitiously annihilating each other … our constituent will pull out all the stops … claiming ultimate victory.

on a serious note … i do venerate the man … he’s got integrity and volition. my issue is with corel’s lack of regard … toward what paint-shop-pro used to stand for. notwithstanding … i bow in humble supplication unto jasc’s demise.

peace out.

My guess is that David is in a market that is Corel dominant...

pd

His shop must be right next to Corel headquarters. :p
Our large format & signage business has been growing by leaps & bounds and I have yet to receive a Corel file from any of our customers.

LOL, I spoke too fast earlier. A new customer sent a CorelDraw file this morning.

CURSES! *shakes fists at ceiling*

Too funny,
pd

Last edited:
Again, I neither like or dislike Corel. I just thought it was funny that after ALLLLLLLL these years, on the very day I mention that I've not received a Corel file in years, one shows up LOL

We are working on getting the customer to save it as an AI file.

pd

pd

Back in 2005 the company that I went to become the manager of had a copy and allowed its use. One day, I "accidentally" made it not work any longer then sent an email stating such to sales.
I won.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back