MyFonts and Monotype Library Subscription

PricelineNegotiator

Hey there,

We currently subscribe to a plan from MyFonts for the Monotype Library. We pay $127 every year for access to honestly quite a lot of fonts. It's a good deal and I would recommend it to anyone looking to expand their library for a good cost.

However, I am having an issue with their support and the syncing of fonts between two (or more) computers. Examples are Frutiger and ITC Zapf Dingbats, where I have more styles installed on PC A than PC B, but am not able to sync more fonts to PC B, thus causing an issue when modifying jobs created by PC A that are using the styles from either of those two fonts that are not available to sync to PC B. This is quite an issue as PC A is nearly defunct and PC B is its replacement. The additional fonts are not displayed on the MyFonts or Monotype website, but somehow I have 89 variants of the Frutiger font on PC A and only 37 on PC B. The same goes for Dingbats where I have 2 variants on PC A, but only 1 on PC B.

At this point I am losing clients, and MyFonts/Monotype will not respond to my support requests or social media messages. There is no phone number for any of the MyFonts or Monotype locations, listed anywhere. I need help solving this. Attached are screenshots.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Windows10_PC1A.PNG Views:	3 Size:	43.1 KB ID:	278007

Attachments

• Windows10_PC1A.PNG
    Windows10_PC1A.PNG
    43.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Windows10_PC1B.PNG
    Windows10_PC1B.PNG
    39.4 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back