Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

printing specs form

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • printing specs form

    (sorry I don't know where to post this!)

    A client is asking in his printing specs form about "White opacity (target ≥60%)" and I feel to answer "what?"

    Do you know what is he talking about?

  • #2
    Hello darioluca,



    A "stab in the dark" from me............ Paper Opacity? - or is that too
    obvious ?


    Regards, Alois

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by darioluca View Post
      (sorry I don't know where to post this!)

      A client is asking in his printing specs form about "White opacity (target ≥60%)" and I feel to answer "what?"

      Do you know what is he talking about?
      Is he going to be printing on a clear substrate with a white underprint?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MacTwidget View Post
        Is he going to be printing on a clear substrate with a white underprint?
        Since it's a 'standard' form - I mean: he's asking also about 'printing system' - it's unclear to me if it refers to something more specific.
        I'm printing offset.
        Could it be about flexo?

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes, he's most likely asking about flexography. The opacity of the white ink in such technologies should be at least 60%. There's a standard method of measuring the opacity, using a spectrophotometer and a special white and black sheet.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Schnitzel View Post
            Yes, he's most likely asking about flexography. The opacity of the white ink in such technologies should be at least 60%. There's a standard method of measuring the opacity, using a spectrophotometer and a special white and black sheet.
            Thank you Wiener!!

            Enough for me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by darioluca View Post

              Since it's a 'standard' form - I mean: he's asking also about 'printing system' - it's unclear to me if it refers to something more specific.
              I'm printing offset.
              Could it be about flexo?
              This can apply to offset, digital or flexo.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MacTwidget View Post

                This can apply to offset, digital or flexo.
                How so?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by darioluca View Post

                  How so?
                  All tree printing technologies allow you to print on clear or metallized substrates, among other finishes. Window clings are an example of wanting to have a white down before or after (depending on whether is is applied inside or outside) printing 4CP.
                  One time we used opaque white on our Indigo to print on duplex stock that had real cherry wood veneer on one side.

                  Comment

                  Unconfigured Static HTML Module

                  Collapse

                  Static HTML Module Content
                  4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                  4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBA4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)TharsternUltimate

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 4521 users online. 106 members and 4415 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

                  Working...
                  X