Proofing question

Mark

We are currently using an old version of kodak matchprint for inkjet for our proofs. We recently switched to Xitron Sierra and were wondering what proofing others are using?

Anyone using Fiery XF for proofing from Xitron Sierra? Thoughts and comment on it?

It's been a year and a half since I've used Fiery XF with Xitron Sierra but I loved it. From what I remember, Sierra would just create a file that got dropped into an EFI hot folder. Was pretty straight forward. IMO, the Fiery XF software itself was very robust. We used it to profile our Epson P9000, Mimaki roll printer and Mimaki flatbed printer. At my current place of employment, I'm now using Fuji's XMF workflow, with ColorPath Organizer, and it's not even in the same league as Fiery XF.

Anyone using Fiery XF for proofing from Xitron Sierra? Thoughts and comment on it?

We use Fiery XF for our Epson 9900. I like it, though have no real experience with anything else. Does the job and never gives me any problems. We go for pleasing colours so have no real calibrations set to try and match anything.

What I do HATE about Fiery is they purposely lock out newer Mac OS's from installing previous versions. I have Fiery XF 6.2 and it is not supported in Mojave or newer. Yet it does work in that software, I have a test MacBook Pro that I use to try out software and make sure everything works before installing it on production machines. Software all works fine in Mojave, but if I needed to do a clean install or had a new computer I would not be able to install the software unless I paid a couple thousand for an upgrade that does not add for its value to me. I am mainly speaking of the client version of the software. The RIP is running on a Mac Mini and that is all that Mac Mini does so not worried about updating there, but production machines will eventually be upgraded and I will loose the ability to install a client version of Fiery XF. That is my little rant and it is more about the company then the software.

What I do HATE about Fiery is they purposely lock out newer Mac OS's from installing previous versions. I have Fiery XF 6.2 and it is not supported in Mojave or newer. Yet it does work in that software, I have a test MacBook Pro that I use to try out software and make sure everything works before installing it on production machines. Software all works fine in Mojave, but if I needed to do a clean install or had a new computer I would not be able to install the software unless I paid a couple thousand for an upgrade that does not add for its value to me. I am mainly speaking of the client version of the software. The RIP is running on a Mac Mini and that is all that Mac Mini does so not worried about updating there, but production machines will eventually be upgraded and I will loose the ability to install a client version of Fiery XF. That is my little rant and it is more about the company then the software.

7.0 and higher is windows only for the server so, so if you ever need to upgrade the MacOS compatibility for the server is irrelevant. The client (Mac or Windows) now runs on Command Workstation which is the same as for Fiery Cut Sheet RIPs, that is updated frequently, so should always support newer OSes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back